Author Topic: Production program - looks amazing  (Read 10276 times)

Offline 1964GN

Re: Production program - looks amazing
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2018, 10:35:00 AM »
I can't see where a one man shop would get much benefit from monday.com, but I could be wrong.

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2018, 11:21:13 AM »
I don’t know Printavo but a lot of the programs available do accounting and have options for ordering from suppliers.
This program is for organizing your workflow and for one person it’s really cheap.
I have set up using the 2 week trial and will be signing up for a year this week.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2018, 02:09:00 AM »
I have set up all my production work flow on monday.com
also set up a  new computer station that is next to the printer with a big screen.     The graphics save the mock up, we open this and the printer sees what he is printing, also sees what he has to print and marks what he has finished.
I have 10 users so it costs about $100 a month and it is really easy to use.
So far we are very happy with the program.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2018, 01:05:38 PM »
I know I'm asking a LOT, but I'd love to see a video of how someone has incorporated this into their workflow.

If they have referral codes I'd definitely use yours if/when I sign up!

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2018, 09:31:50 PM »
I know I'm asking a LOT, but I'd love to see a video of how someone has incorporated this into their workflow.

If they have referral codes I'd definitely use yours if/when I sign up!
Don`t you worry, they have discount codes , you just need to ask them.
Sign up to the free trial period, 2 weeks and then near the end they will email you constantly reminding you to sign up to the full version. That`s when you ask them if they have any promotions/discount codes going and just by magic they do.

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2018, 06:52:37 AM »
I don't mind showing you ours but it's in Hebrew.
They let you download a free trial and there are lots of examples on their website.
It's great and if you are a small shop very cheap, we pay $100 a month for 10 users.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2018, 10:47:19 AM »
I guess I'm just not clicking with static pictures vs workflow from start to finish.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2018, 07:18:46 PM »
I'm with Gilligan, I am kinda lost when it comes to understanding it from start to finish.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2018, 08:00:26 PM »
We use it as a giant spreadsheet. They are adding new features to it everyday, so it makes it pretty rad.

Each department is able to track the status of their job, and we use it to digitally track and alert staff on job issues.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2018, 11:42:42 PM »
It has a lot of features and will take time to learn it all.
Best is to start and learn as you go.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2018, 07:27:44 AM »
The best thing to do is start the trial. It's free and no credit card required. There is zero risk.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2018, 08:05:39 AM »
Its free to set up for sure, but they will email the piss out of you to sign up. But honestly this software rocks.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2018, 09:04:31 AM »
OK, so what am I missing here? We get all of those features with TeeCal and it's already set up (and is pretty cheap).
Since they added the shop floor feature and moved to cloud data storage it ticks off all the boxes that I can think off or am seeing here in this thread. What am I missing?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2018, 10:45:36 AM »

Each department is able to track the status of their job, and we use it to digitally track and alert staff on job issues.

Doesn't Printavo do that also?
Where does Printavo fall short and Monday  is necessary?

We currently use Trello for production manager, Monday seems a lot more robust, I can see the benefits there.

I'm considering switching to Printavo next year or something similar to help manage the whole shop, from quoting, proofing, production and invoicing, with some amount of customer interaction in the system and helps automate some of those steps.

I know there isn't a program out there that fits perfectly for everything.  But right now we use Trello, Invoice Ninja, Google drive, Google spreadsheets, Xero and alot of emailing. And jumping between all of them is confusing especialy as we continue to grow.  Just hoping to simplify it all some....

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2018, 10:52:35 AM »
Pierre I don't know TeeCal so I cannot comment on that and I am not knocking any of the programs out there.
I was using a program I had custom made and it was missing a lot of features.
I was about to have it re written for a lot of money when I found Monday, we tested it for 2 weeks and then signed up for a year, for 10 users it cost us $100 a month with a discount.
It's cloud based, also has a phone app and has everything we dreamed of and more and every day we find more features.
We are not in the USA and don't need accounting and ordering that some of the programs have.
Monday is easy to set up, easy to use, very well designed, gives unlimited back up (which could be a disadvantage if all our info is on their server and they stop working for some reason.)
I put a big screen next to my printer so we attach the mock up in the program and open it when printing like Merch Monster does in the video that was on another post.
We can time set up and printing.    Send emails through the program     It has great features, another thing I like is that you can have as many boards as you like (they call the work area a board).
So you can have one for printing, one for embroidery, another for CRM, maintenance, anything you want.

Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il