Author Topic: Production program - looks amazing  (Read 10268 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Production program - looks amazing
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2018, 10:57:16 AM »
OK, so what am I missing here? We get all of those features with TeeCal and it's already set up (and is pretty cheap).
Since they added the shop floor feature and moved to cloud data storage it ticks off all the boxes that I can think off or am seeing here in this thread. What am I missing?

pierre

I won't lie, I have a problem when a software company's website SUCKS.

That just doesn't sit right with me.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2018, 06:49:58 AM »
For those looking for a complete system, monday isn't for you. For those looking for an easy, fluid, elegant production scheduling and task program, you owe it to yourself to look at monday. We have found nothing that displays the data in the way that monday does.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2018, 08:46:35 AM »
If a screen print based software does all monday.com does ive never seen it.

Everyone in my building has it on their phones as well. So they literally get a alert when something pertains to them. So nice.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2019, 02:53:39 PM »
So just started the 2 week trial.  So far it looks amazing.  Couple questions for folks who have been using it a while:

Is there a way to have a sort of master board and pull data down to department specific boards?  Essentially, we do A LOT o different stuff and frequently have mixed production jobs.  For order entry reasons it would be nice to be able to associate those different components being made in different departments in a way that still linked the jobs together by client order.  think order number with line items below being sent to the different departments.  Looking into tagging, but it seems a little limited.

any way to do customer management and have that info populate to the jobs?  thinking something like a customer board, then being able to create jobs that are associated with those customers.

would love to see more screenshots of how people have stuff setup as well. 

thanks!

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2019, 03:38:20 PM »
So just started the 2 week trial.  So far it looks amazing.  Couple questions for folks who have been using it a while:

Is there a way to have a sort of master board and pull data down to department specific boards?  Essentially, we do A LOT o different stuff and frequently have mixed production jobs.  For order entry reasons it would be nice to be able to associate those different components being made in different departments in a way that still linked the jobs together by client order.  think order number with line items below being sent to the different departments.  Looking into tagging, but it seems a little limited.

any way to do customer management and have that info populate to the jobs?  thinking something like a customer board, then being able to create jobs that are associated with those customers.

would love to see more screenshots of how people have stuff setup as well. 

thanks!

this is something they've been working on for a while, but i don't think it's ready yet.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2019, 03:48:56 PM »
damn...that may be a dealbreaker for us.  I would say more jobs than not that come through our shop involve multiple departments and those departments need to be able to see the status of the different parts of the job for customer contact and shipping reasons

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2019, 05:27:48 PM »
damn...that may be a dealbreaker for us.  I would say more jobs than not that come through our shop involve multiple departments and those departments need to be able to see the status of the different parts of the job for customer contact and shipping reasons

yep, same here.we use it currently for tracking each job in it's dept, before production.
Night Owls

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2019, 06:46:04 PM »
any change you would be willing to share how you have yours setup visually Eric?  i'm mostly copying 1964GN for our trial currently, though I've already tweaked a few things.  Would be nice to contrast how other shops have theirs setup to get some ideas.  I'm not sure I understand what the little link icon means in his screenshots on some of the columns, though I havent dives too deep yet into the column types, automation, etc.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2019, 08:02:11 PM »
yeah no problem!
Night Owls

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2019, 09:02:37 PM »
Are you managing piece counts through invoices etc and basically just using it for task asignment?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2019, 07:09:32 AM »
We use Monday for task assignment, its really great at that. We have it set up in departments. Screen Print, Embroidery, Art, Stickers and Laser. Each department has drop downs that are specific to it and we like it that way so far. Every employee has access to it on their phones, on their company computers and really anywhere with a internet connection. I have even had employees updating or adding notes after hours as they think of something. It's great. We use it also to have our proofs in (we also print proofs as well that travel around the shop with the orders), which is nice so they can zoom in for more detail of the art which a printed proof could never allow you that freedom.

The system is allowing greater knowledge for everyone to know whats going on at all times.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2019, 07:48:54 AM »
So you guys are keeping each department on a separate board? 

We only have embroidery and screenprinting, I was thinking to keep them both all on the same board, each order line/pulse would have tasks for both, so when orders are in both depts I can see it all together in one spot. When an order only uses 1 dept, the other would just be blacked out.

I also like the spreadsheet feature so I can keep all finance details in the same order pulse.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2019, 09:38:58 AM »
Are you managing piece counts through invoices etc and basically just using it for task asignment?

Correct, we use printavo for invoicing, and job specs, and are currently just using monday to track the status before production.
Night Owls

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2019, 09:56:33 AM »

Correct, we use printavo for invoicing, and job specs, and are currently just using monday to track the status before production.

Eric,  Can't Printavo track production status as well?  What makes Monday better at this?

* edit, sorry mis read that, and I see your screenshot above, so Monday just keeps the status of those tasks better organized then Printavo?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 10:01:35 AM by Maff »

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2019, 11:07:05 AM »
we use quickbooks for invoicing.  it looks like we are going to either setup a tag with the invoice number or a link to the invoice as the way of linking between environments, but lean heavier on monday for job spec stuff.  i hate having duplication between environments, but our production staff really doesnt care about the invoicing and customer side of things much and the customer service people dont really care about the production tasks so the disconnect doesnt matter too much.  so far it looks like monday is going to be "good enough" for keep production moving and organized across departments.  i think we are definitely still going to be coding our own solution to solve some of the inherent issues with linking customer management and cross department tasks in a more intuitive way...