Author Topic: Production program - looks amazing  (Read 10271 times)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Production program - looks amazing
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2019, 11:19:24 AM »
Are you managing piece counts through invoices etc and basically just using it for task asignment?

Correct, we use printavo for invoicing, and job specs, and are currently just using monday to track the status before production.

Eric,  Can't Printavo track production status as well?  What makes Monday better at this?

* edit, sorry mis read that, and I see your screenshot above, so Monday just keeps the status of those tasks better organized then Printavo?

Printavo is linear. Our workflow is dynamic. So we don't use printavo for it.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2019, 06:45:47 PM »
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 05:40:15 AM by Homer »
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2019, 09:50:57 AM »
We use Monday for task assignment, its really great at that. We have it set up in departments. Screen Print, Embroidery, Art, Stickers and Laser. Each department has drop downs that are specific to it and we like it that way so far. Every employee has access to it on their phones, on their company computers and really anywhere with a internet connection. I have even had employees updating or adding notes after hours as they think of something. It's great. We use it also to have our proofs in (we also print proofs as well that travel around the shop with the orders), which is nice so they can zoom in for more detail of the art which a printed proof could never allow you that freedom.

The system is allowing greater knowledge for everyone to know whats going on at all times.

We do basically the same thing but we stopped printing out proofs. I do miss having a printed proof and may start doing that again. We have added computers to all departments and a big TV at the presses so proofs can be seen super sized. Having the run orders using google sheets has been a huge help as well.

Embroidery has it's own board. All sew sheets, dst files etc are stored in the comments. We still print out a sew sheets and make color notes on those but we also add color notes in the comments.

When jobs are complete they are move to the Complete board. When the owner does invoicing he can cross reference the paper PO with monday.

We are almost 1 year in and are still tweaking here and there. For task management, task tracking, and critical job info stored in the cloud in such a user friendly way, there is nothing that even comes close to monday

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2019, 07:42:21 PM »
We use Monday for task assignment, its really great at that. We have it set up in departments. Screen Print, Embroidery, Art, Stickers and Laser. Each department has drop downs that are specific to it and we like it that way so far. Every employee has access to it on their phones, on their company computers and really anywhere with a internet connection. I have even had employees updating or adding notes after hours as they think of something. It's great. We use it also to have our proofs in (we also print proofs as well that travel around the shop with the orders), which is nice so they can zoom in for more detail of the art which a printed proof could never allow you that freedom.

The system is allowing greater knowledge for everyone to know whats going on at all times.

We do basically the same thing but we stopped printing out proofs. I do miss having a printed proof and may start doing that again. We have added computers to all departments and a big TV at the presses so proofs can be seen super sized. Having the run orders using google sheets has been a huge help as well.

Embroidery has it's own board. All sew sheets, dst files etc are stored in the comments. We still print out a sew sheets and make color notes on those but we also add color notes in the comments.

When jobs are complete they are move to the Complete board. When the owner does invoicing he can cross reference the paper PO with monday.

We are almost 1 year in and are still tweaking here and there. For task management, task tracking, and critical job info stored in the cloud in such a user friendly way, there is nothing that even comes close to monday

I fully agree, if it exists I haven't see it!
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline jasonsee

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2019, 12:24:35 AM »
Are you managing piece counts through invoices etc and basically just using it for task asignment?

Correct, we use printavo for invoicing, and job specs, and are currently just using monday to track the status before production.

Eric,  Can't Printavo track production status as well?  What makes Monday better at this?

* edit, sorry mis read that, and I see your screenshot above, so Monday just keeps the status of those tasks better organized then Printavo?

Printavo is linear. Our workflow is dynamic. So we don't use printavo for it.

I was having the same problem too. We would like to track our Sales Order, Jobs independently rather than process the entire Invoice as a Job.

You can check out https://www.yoprint.com/production-management-for-print-shops/

Basically, you can process your jobs in parallels or sequentially. You can also track and setup custom statuses for sales order, jobs and tasks independently.

If you want a walkthrough/demo or any feedback how it should works, feel free to reach out to me here in PM/Email via: jason@yoprint.com

We are currently still in the midst making the software better before we fully launch it on ISS Orlando 2019.

I fully agree, if it exists I haven't see it!

We used to use Trello + Quickbook + google spreadsheet to keep things going in the shop floor. Truth to be told, i really like Monday as Trello does not allow multiple statuses for tracking (po,graphic) a specific job. I'm thinking to create something like Monday + sales order + Po mgmt in one system.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 07:26:41 AM by jasonsee »

Offline BorisB

« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2019, 02:17:01 AM »

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2019, 06:52:20 AM »
https://teesom.com/
This is from Fastmanager people, right?

Ya it works almost exactly like it too. Buggy just like Fast Manager too lol
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2019, 08:58:04 AM »
Looks like we are moving forward with Monday, but going to just be using it for our screen department and some peripheral shop management stuff.  Don't want to overwhelm any other departments with change at the moment.  So far for internal department management it is near flawless for us.  Sucks a bit having to do double data entry for ME, but its still so fast to add info to and tweak stuff that the pros far outweigh the cons.  Once we get everything more polished I'll post pics and go in to more detail about our setup.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2019, 06:45:40 AM »
You are really going to like it. Looking forward to seeing your layout, and everyone else's. Post pics if ya got em'!

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2019, 07:16:40 PM »
We used to use Trello + Quickbook + google spreadsheet to keep things going in the shop floor. Truth to be told, i really like Monday as Trello does not allow multiple statuses for tracking (po,graphic) a specific job. I'm thinking to create something like Monday + sales order + Po mgmt in one system.

We use Trello and use labels for the non-linear stuff.

For example it comes into a list called ‘needs purchasing’. Garments are bought and labels are added for needs files, needs film, each supplier the garments are coming from, rush order etc. All with labels. If I’m doing film output I can filter by cards that ‘need film’ or if I’m mixing ink I can filter by that.

Only once all labels are removed is a card ready for production. Everyone is in charge of removing different sets of labels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk