screen printing > General Screen Printing

Keeping track of setup/ breakdown/ printing times.?

(1/4) > >>

whitewater:
I would like my employee to keep track of setups/ breakdowns/ and printing times.

The reason for this is I schedule jobs in a way knowing I would get those done if I was printing. Well we are never finishing the jobs each day that are scheduled and I'm rearranging every day to accomondate.. I know I am much faster at all these then the employee, but I do not overschedule because I know this.

I tried this before, but they seem to forget all the time. Is there an easy way to do this?

If anyone has their employees do this how do you do it? Do they just look at a clock? do they have a timer they start for each part and fill in a clipboard? Online?

Any ideas would be appreciated....

244:

--- Quote from: whitewater on October 30, 2018, 12:57:09 PM ---I would like my employee to keep track of setups/ breakdowns/ and printing times.

The reason for this is I schedule jobs in a way knowing I would get those done if I was printing. Well we are never finishing the jobs each day that are scheduled and I'm rearranging every day to accomondate.. I know I am much faster at all these then the employee, but I do not overschedule because I know this.

I tried this before, but they seem to forget all the time. Is there an easy way to do this?

If anyone has their employees do this how do you do it? Do they just look at a clock? do they have a timer they start for each part and fill in a clipboard? Online?

Any ideas would be appreciated....

--- End quote ---
don’t know what type of presses you have but if you have any M&R presses within the last 7 years punch in Production and all of the KPI info is at hand including breaks,etc.

Flash Ink:
We use a form from SMR software to track everything. My employees just look at a clock and record their times on the sheet of paper. Its a guideline at best when they are done. There is always missing data on their forms, but they are good enough to get some rough numbers of what kind of time your employees are spending on each job. Once you have a couple of months of data you can start to see some trends and make some average calculations.

bimmridder:
If you are tracking by having employees write down the times, I'd make sure they fully understand what you are doing. When we did this years ago I had employees fudging numbers both ways. Some wanted to look good, so they were saying set ups and run times were faster than reality. And we had others go the other way. I explained that the numbers they were giving were going to be used to make scheduling more realistic. If you say your set up for a six color job is 12 minutes, you better not be lying. That's what I will expect when the numbers  are all compiled. So make sure they understand the numbers are to benefit all involved. For us it was to make scheduling better, more accurate, and predictable.

Certainly, if machines are tracking the times it will be harder to manipulate, but probably still possible

RICK STEFANICK:
Wel Well Well.. MR. Filip welcome back. The screen Print world has not been the same since you left. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version