Author Topic: Dehazer vs Degreaser  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Pangea

• !!!
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
Dehazer vs Degreaser
« on: November 02, 2018, 10:13:19 AM »
I've been using CCI Renu-It as a dehazer and degreaser since it works so well getting water based stains out. Recently I've been having some issues with emulsion not gripping on to the mesh and having very premature breakdowns (I'm waiting on a new screen to dry right now for a rush job, hopefully it doesn't do the same). Should I be using a separate degreaser and does anyone know if Renu-It is actually supposed to act as both?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Dehazer vs Degreaser
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 10:37:40 AM »
Are you getting a full burn on your screens?  I only degrease my screens when I first buy them, other than that I de-ink and reclaim... I don't see where what your using should cause that problem, but I could be dead wrong.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 11:01:45 AM »
ccidom.com product page states that it is both dehaze/degrease but if you look at the technical data sheet it is only a haze remover.
Dale Hoyal

Offline rusty

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 11:23:08 AM »
I only degrease new screens. Sometimes I'll degrease 230/305s when I am doing sim process or CMYK.

I use simple green as a degreaser. Same thing I use for scrubbing our pallets.

We don't do use any dehazer. The CCI 108 we use works pretty well and if needed we just grab a can of screen opener to use. I have been under the impression that debater weakens the mesh with repeated use.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 11:45:28 AM »
I've been using CCI Renu-It as a dehazer and degreaser since it works so well getting water based stains out. Recently I've been having some issues with emulsion not gripping on to the mesh and having very premature breakdowns (I'm waiting on a new screen to dry right now for a rush job, hopefully it doesn't do the same). Should I be using a separate degreaser and does anyone know if Renu-It is actually supposed to act as both?

I use CCI Liquid Renuit as well as another similar CCI dehazer (when a screen needs dehazing), and yes, use that as my degreasing step as well.
The problem that you are having, to me, sounds more like insufficient rinsing.
These chemicals really need to be flooded away, more with volume rather than pressure.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline rusty

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 12:02:21 PM »

These chemicals really need to be flooded away, more with volume rather than pressure.
[/quote]

Also make sure to wash out all the corners in the frame. I use to have issues with dripping /runoff from not doing that properly.

Resulted in spotty emulsion

Offline Pangea

• !!!
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 12:13:22 PM »
Thanks guys! I've been pressure washing then flooding but maybe this last batch I coated I did something weird. It isn't always a problem, only when I have rush jobs.

It's also been a little humid, it's the tail end of a gallon of emulsion (that I'm going to switch from), and water based discharge. Just wanted to rule one variable out.