Author Topic: Where besides Ryonet might one source S.roque tooling?  (Read 2558 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Where besides Ryonet might one source S.roque tooling?
« on: November 05, 2018, 06:08:21 PM »
Is there another way to pickup floods and blade holders, etc. or is it exclusively Ryonet? 

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Where besides Ryonet might one source S.roque tooling?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 06:55:39 PM »
Does Action Engineering not make some?

Offline Jepaul

• www.youngonecorporation.com
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 08:04:19 PM »
Everything on Actions website they can do for ROQ. It might not show on the drop down menu but it is available.   Reach out to Eric.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 08:12:34 PM »
My bad.  I failed to mention I'd like to stick with the s.roque oem tooling.  I can't recall if there are any other distributors.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 10:08:09 PM »
Sorry Chris.... it's just us.

Is this the 18" stuff you were asking about?
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Jepaul

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 11:10:27 PM »
My bad.  I failed to mention I'd like to stick with the s.roque oem tooling.  I can't recall if there are any other distributors.
Understandable. I’d say though I’ve seen actions stuff in the field.  Great product for ROQ.  You could always ask Eric to back it up as returnable and I think he would.   JMTC

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 11:52:30 PM »
Also food for the thought we are working on a design with Newman right now. We should be testing on production runs within the next week or two here.
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 10:17:47 AM »
Understandable. I’d say though I’ve seen actions stuff in the field.  Great product for ROQ.  You could always ask Eric to back it up as returnable and I think he would.   JMTC

I can't speak for the Roq and you potentially have your reasons.

But for me, Actions Engineering makes better squeegee holders than the manufacturers do for my M&R compatible stuff.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 12:04:12 PM »

I can't speak for the Roq and you potentially have your reasons.

But for me, Actions Engineering makes better squeegee holders than the manufacturers do for my M&R compatible stuff.

The Action squeegee holder I have is a very good quality, but it's very heavy compared to the Roq ones. And also costs about 30% more.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 01:05:37 PM »
ya, Colin, staff is struggling to get even an eta on tooling.  My plan is to simply load up on all the non-standard tooling sizes we need and have them ready and waiting rather than ordering as needed.

Frankly, I don't think the oem tooling needs any improvement, I like it all fine. 

...I take that back, I would like to see an m&r kwik clamp style fitment for the blade holders.  That's the only thing missing for me.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 01:19:13 PM »
ya, Colin, staff is struggling to get even an eta on tooling.  My plan is to simply load up on all the non-standard tooling sizes we need and have them ready and waiting rather than ordering as needed.

Frankly, I don't think the oem tooling needs any improvement, I like it all fine. 

...I take that back, I would like to see an m&r kwik clamp style fitment for the blade holders.  That's the only thing missing for me.

I sure do miss that kwik clamp! Said it many times but that's one of the best innovations I've seen in the industry.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Jepaul

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 07:12:31 PM »

I sure do miss that kwik clamp! Said it many times but that's one of the best innovations I've seen in the industry.

Or simply a squeegee you can use both sides of.

Offline Jepaul

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2018, 07:14:22 PM »

Are you saying you can’t get 18” squeegees and floods OEM?

How many you need?

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2018, 10:00:19 PM »
Chris,

I'm going to send Mark Showman this thread tomorrow and see if we can kick something into action (no pun intended).

As a long time industry guy and printer, I see a lot of what everyone is complaining about and I am pushing for improvements.  Its getting there.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Jepaul

Where besides Ryonet might one source S.roque tooling?
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2018, 12:02:36 PM »
Chris,

I'm going to send Mark Showman this thread tomorrow and see if we can kick something into action (no pun intended).

As a long time industry guy and printer, I see a lot of what everyone is complaining about and I am pushing for improvements.  Its getting there.

Assuming it’s less than 20 of each have Jerry in LA ship him what he needs.  Plenty there.   When more come in replace the ones Jerry shipped.  Can’t be without the basics. 12/16/18
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 12:14:30 PM by Jepaul »