Author Topic: CPSIA seminar on SGIA. Did anybody listen to it and a quick recap.  (Read 10070 times)

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
Re: CPSIA seminar on SGIA. Did anybody listen to it and a quick recap.
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 10:39:22 PM »
Did anyone register yet for the small batch manufacturer? heres the site  https://www.saferproducts.gov/CPSRMSPublic/Industry/Home.aspx
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 09:31:18 AM »
Did anyone register yet for the small batch manufacturer? heres the site  https://www.saferproducts.gov/CPSRMSPublic/Industry/Home.aspx

are you sure that is the right one?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 10:02:35 AM »
I thought it was I watched their video and their guide stated you had to register there to then be able to get the exemption. I cannt look at it till I get home today as they just confirmed my registration. I will say it was a long day yesterday so there may be a chance that I pooched it. If anyone determines that I did go to the wrong site before I get To look at it again let me know. 

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 10:14:16 AM »
I thought it was I watched their video and their guide stated you had to register there to then be able to get the exemption. I cannt look at it till I get home today as they just confirmed my registration. I will say it was a long day yesterday so there may be a chance that I pooched it. If anyone determines that I did go to the wrong site before I get To look at it again let me know. 

it did not say anything in the description and the CPSIA side did not point to it, so it was not very clear (huh, maybe I should have watched the video!). In any case, I have an email out to the ombudsman, so we will know soon . . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 10:30:28 AM »
Please let me know I did find it confusing. I also sent an email to Mr. Cohen to get some things cleared up that I did not understand I will post it hete when they respond.

RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 08:51:37 PM »
Ok so here is what I got, You need to go to saferproducts.gov and register. If you do not have an email address that is attached  to your companies domain name you will need to read the attached letter and follow its directions (government hoops). Once you have an account set up you will be able to go in through the saferproducts.gov website and register for the small batch manufacturer exemption. I need to mail them some info so that is as far as I got. Hope that helps you all get started. Also I received notice from Ryonet that they will be meeting with international coatings next week to see what they will be doing about certifications. If anyone has registered already please let us know how it was.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 08:00:04 AM by sweetts »
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com