Author Topic: Cutting Master 4  (Read 2496 times)

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Cutting Master 4
« on: November 29, 2018, 10:31:24 AM »
So, I'm on win 7 CorelDRAW X6, currently using Cutting Master 3 on my Graphtec CE6000
What should I expect with CM4?
I guess that until I am sure all is good, I can keep them both on the machine as long as only one is used at a time and likewise, Corel Application Launcher will give me the choice of which to launch, right?

EDIT Nope, I now see in the instructions that I am supposed to uninstall any other versions.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 11:10:18 AM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Pangea

• !!!
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
Re: Cutting Master 4
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 04:23:52 PM »
I tried to upgrade to CM4 because it has an inverted registration mark option which would've been great on prism/foil materials. Ended up switching back because it seemed a lot clunkier to me. It may also just be that I'm so used to CM3.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 05:05:21 PM »
Ended up switching back because it seemed a lot clunkier to me. It may also just be that I'm so used to CM3.
I often seem to learn new versions of graphic programs gradually, going back and forth between the old and new.
That's why I was hoping that I could have them both installed at the same time.
According to the manual, that's a no-no

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 07:21:17 PM »
They switched back to the old programmer... so now it looks and works like CM2 did.

Kind of frustrating, but I think I liked CM2 better.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 07:54:57 PM »
They switched back to the old programmer... so now it looks and works like CM2 did.

So, I assume that you learned on CM2, and grudgingly moved from your comfort zone up to CM3.
Whereas, I'm fairly comfortable with my first experience with cutting programs, CM3. What can you tell me that will help me make the plunge?

It often seems a little like growing up digging a song, and not liking a new version as much, while the folks who never heard the original, have the opposite view.
Heck to many old enough to remember, Sean Connery will always be Bond... James Bond.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 08:52:03 PM »

So, I assume that you learned on CM2, and grudgingly moved from your comfort zone up to CM3.
Whereas, I'm fairly comfortable with my first experience with cutting programs, CM3. What can you tell me that will help me make the plunge?

It often seems a little like growing up digging a song, and not liking a new version as much, while the folks who never heard the original, have the opposite view.
Heck to many old enough to remember, Sean Connery will always be Bond... James Bond.

Reading it back, I see how I wasn't very clear.

My frustration is in the switching drastically from one style to the other CM2 to CM3 and then they swung all the way back to CM2 style.

While the drastic change is frustrating, I think I like CM2/4 better than I did the way CM3 worked.

Does that make more sense?  Basically gonna be back at a CM2 style interface with a few updates... but the biggest change is that it's different than 3 and you, like us have grown used to it.