Author Topic: Sewing patches / labels quick  (Read 1147 times)

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
Sewing patches / labels quick
« on: December 05, 2018, 02:41:40 PM »
Hey everyone.
So I had a company lined up to sew 100 patches on shirts, and hats.

I am now told I can't hit my target deadline of December 11th.

Is there any sewing machine I could get in a store that I could get this taken care of and do it myself?

Any help on specific models would be appreciated.

Offline T Shirt Farmer

Re: Sewing patches / labels quick
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 03:48:20 PM »
local taylor maybe, mine does amazing quick turns for me all the time.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline hoogie

• feel free to email hoogies@bnin.net
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 04:11:04 PM »
kind of curious if there are any answers to this post beside farming them out. I've got a national account that is wanting sewn in woven labels.
I would like to bring this in-house (which I believe that I need to do, sub contracting this out would be a breach of the signed agreement..unless they are an approved decorator as well)
Hoogie...

Offline Pangea

• !!!
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 05:13:29 PM »
Hey everyone.

Is there any sewing machine I could get in a store that I could get this taken care of and do it myself?

For any type of structured hat you'll probably be looking for a post bed sewing machine. You may get lucky if someone is selling one on Craigslist near you but you likely won't find one in a store. For shirts a standard sewing machine from a craft store should work just fine, I have a Singer Heavy Duty 4423 that I use to sew patches on winter beanies all the time.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 10:18:33 AM »
Hey everyone.

If you can't get a machine that will work for you soon enough, and can't get another decorator to handle it for you, you might see if there's a seamstress/alterations shop in your area that could handle it.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 11:40:14 AM »
Someone once posted here (not me) that they attached patches to hats using hot melt glue on the patch back then placing the patch with the cold glue on the hat and into a heat press to remelt the glue and bond the patch to the hat.
Never tried it but sounds like it could work if you have a hat press.
If you have an embroidery machine you could attache patches like a piece of applique' we have done this with FD patches for sleeves on fire dept job shirts , works great but you have to hoop all. Could also work for hats if you have the required hooping set up.

mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.