Author Topic: DTG Prints that stick together in the consumers Clothes dryer...  (Read 1377 times)

Offline ffokazak

Hey guys,

I have been noticing with prints I make with out DTG, that some of them down the road are sticking together in the customers home dryer, and ruining the print... Only on underbased, pre treated shirts.

I printed my girlfriend a shirt, she had it for around 6 months, I've seen it numerous times since then, and it was fine. Yesterday I saw it and it had stuck together in the dryer, and when peeled apart it ruined the graphic aka one side of that was peeled off in small patches...

Is this just the nature of DTG? Or is there something wrong with our curing process?

I have DTG prints on Bella 3413's  that were not pre treated , or underbased, or heat pressed, and they are fine. there is not enough "body" in the print to stick to anything.

Thanks in advance guys

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: DTG Prints that stick together in the consumers Clothes dryer...
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 09:09:47 PM »
We ran into this issue a while back. We figured out that it was a combination of too much pretreat and the brand of pretreat. We switched to a thinner pretreat and it stopped.