Author Topic: Shutting down for Christmas  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Maff

• !!!
Re: Shutting down for Christmas
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2018, 09:15:20 PM »
Production is shut from the 22nd-1st, then a couple of us will come in for inventory, maintenance and such.  It's always a great time to get caught up on things that I've been pushing off all year!
Same situation here, we've been telling our customers for the past month. And we usually stay slow into February, we run shorter hours  and get caught up on a load of other business stuff through the winter. then the spring rush comes and it's just bananas until next Christmas. Love the winter time!

Offline merchmonster

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2018, 03:57:37 PM »
We closed production after 12/11 and office shut down 12/13. Tied some loose ends 12/14 and writing this from medellin. Reopen 12/26.

Honestly im cool off walk in christmas orders, they are always a wreck and ups is late with the shipments. We message our email list 2-3 times about the closure so our core customers are taken care of. Think i will do it this way every year.

Note we ran a lot of ot to book it early and its worth it imo
Merch Monster Screen Printing Embroidery and DTG Direct To Garment Printing
Servicing Oakland CA and the Greater San Francisco Bay Area
http://www.merchmonster.net

Offline californiadreamin

• !!!
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2018, 04:21:15 PM »
We closed production after 12/11 and office shut down 12/13. Tied some loose ends 12/14 and writing this from medellin. Reopen 12/26.

Honestly im cool off walk in christmas orders, they are always a wreck and ups is late with the shipments. We message our email list 2-3 times about the closure so our core customers are taken care of. Think i will do it this way every year.

Note we ran a lot of ot to book it early and its worth it imo

Nice Place. Enjoy The Lights!!!

Offline StinkyDaddy

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2018, 11:24:12 AM »
I'm a one guy shop out in the middle of nowhere, so customers never come here. I don't say I'm closed... but I'll be at the beach part of the time. The shop phone is my cell, so customers won't know if I'm in the shop or drinking a beer in a chair on the sand. Well, except for the slurred speech and waves. Like some other folks have said it's a good clean up time when I'm here. I also look over the numbers from the past year and try to see where I need to make adjustments. My website needs updating, so I'll work on that too. Things will start to pick up in February and we'll be off to the races again.