Author Topic: new twist on Nigerian scam  (Read 1095 times)

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
new twist on Nigerian scam
« on: December 13, 2018, 01:47:00 PM »
I got this today. I don't know if I should feel lucky to get off so cheap or pissed because I am the only one here.
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: new twist on Nigerian scam
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 01:51:49 PM »
Oh, so they aren't liable for it...that's nice.

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 02:33:29 PM »
  Maybe they read your signature at the bottom of your post. It is supposed to rain tonight.
 ;)

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 02:42:41 PM »
You can copy and paste that wallet address hereand see what transactions have occurred, if any.
I would do it but don't feel like typing it all out from the image.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 03:42:12 PM »
They may have sh!t in their lunchbox. 

This is NOT a SCAM which can be easily ignored, but a THREAT, albeit a really amateurish (and cheap) one.

I would consider getting in touch with the FBI to pass it on and let them pursue the source.

So would I correctly assume that should you pay the $20 Bitcoin, his guy will have to SNEAK back into the building to REMOVE the device?  Who does this guy think he is?  The Pink Panther?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 03:48:24 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 04:15:37 PM »
Dang they are some brave SOB's!!!!!!!!
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 08:34:11 PM »
This was on the evening news tonight.  Evidently a lot of these going around and is already being investigated by authorities.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 08:16:19 AM »
just an FYI, they are asking for $20K. Outside the USA they use a decimal point where we use a comma. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 08:33:08 AM »
just an FYI, they are asking for $20K. Outside the USA they use a decimal point where we use a comma. . .

pierre

If they're trying to get $20K out of someone, they picked the wrong industry. Screen printers will have a tough enough time finding $20!

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 08:35:26 AM »
Just saw a report on this on CNN International.
They showed the letter you posted.
They are taking this seriously and looking for whoever sent it.
It was also sent to public institutions who evacuated buildings.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 12:55:36 PM »

pierre

If they're trying to get $20K out of someone, they picked the wrong industry. Screen printers will have a tough enough time finding $20!

^^^^^^
LOL

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2018, 03:32:44 PM »
Obviously this is BS but how freaking stupid do you have to be to generate something like this in the world as it is today.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2018, 01:43:07 PM »
Obviously this is BS but how freaking stupid do you have to be to generate something like this in the world as it is today.
mooseman

True

My bet is they are in countries where there is zero ability to file charges, extradite, hold accountable, or even eliminate humanity contributions, so they have nothing to lose.  Like the Nigerian Scams and Ransomware pirates.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2018, 04:41:38 PM »
not only is it a stupid idea for a scam, but the price!  ONLY 20k? you're going to sentence your buddy to death over 20k?...at least make it worth some coin. these type of scammers need to hook up with the phone scammers trying to offer me "better health coverage" and jump off a cliff...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...