Author Topic: Foil release tips  (Read 725 times)

Offline siestasol

• Verified/Junior
Foil release tips
« on: December 14, 2018, 08:23:25 AM »
Hi there,
I'm looking in some tips from the "Pro's". We need to print a couple orders, simulated process, with some foil accents...
First, using waterbase is out the question, because the shirt selection and some "exact" pantone required. Ok, I order some Foil release from Rutland, also the Foil glue. We mix everything according to the instructions, print some samples but We fail on the release of the Foil. We try so many differents setups on the heat press but We are still getting some foil on the plastisol inks. We mix very well the inks with the additive, like They ask on the instructions with the mixer.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Al.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Foil release tips
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 05:31:03 AM »
My French these days is sketchy at best! The few times experimenting with the PLS foil relief process has not been successful. Try a stiff paint brush to dust off unwanted areas and certainly, talk to the ink folks for tips an suggestions. The process is subject to substrate and may need adjustments.

Offline BP

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 07:03:51 AM »
A few years back I worked for a big company and ran a sample dept. I worked on this for months, and worked with 3 different ink companies and had a couple of ink tech in as well. They all told me it will not work 100% with plastisol inks.
SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 07:22:25 AM »
My French these days is sketchy at best! The few times experimenting with the PLS foil relief process has not been successful. Try a stiff paint brush to dust off unwanted areas and certainly, talk to the ink folks for tips an suggestions. The process is subject to substrate and may need adjustments.

tony is referring to spam post in french that was deleted. . .
pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!