Author Topic: RIP Johnny Killebrew  (Read 1500 times)

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
RIP Johnny Killebrew
« on: December 18, 2018, 01:49:21 PM »
As some of you have probably heard Johnny has passed away. It was news to me as I just spoke to him a few weeks ago. He gave so much help to me when I started and we used to talk. He would always tell me how proud he was to see us grow over the years. A few of us are looking to do something to return the favor. I am trying to get a hold of family member and see if there is a way that we can help out financially if need be. Next time your raising a drink raise it and toast to our friend Johnny. I will miss the BBQ sauce and stories we used to talk about.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: RIP Johnny Killebrew
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 01:50:46 PM »
Oh man, that really sucks to hear. :(
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 01:57:42 PM »
Though it's been a couple of years since we last spoke, he was  always such a good guy, and so ready to share and help out. I hope his passing was easy, and not some dragged out misery thing. RIP Johnny!

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 02:12:58 PM »
nobody, and I mean NOBODY used more puff ink than that guy :D....I still have a bottle kicking around here too blue....good times
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 04:33:05 PM »
Oh man, that really sucks to hear. :(

Agree....RIP
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 05:24:42 PM »
Johnny was one of those guys who had and made an almost instant deep connection with me. Maybe because we both seemed to have far too much time on our hands to schmooze on industry forums. Maybe because we were both old and achy. Maybe because we were both animal people. Maybe because we were both a little trapped in the past with some of our methods (though his adoption and love of the internet to boost business was legend).
At any rate, all of these reasons probably helped influence his reaching out to me to build and run the West Coast arm of his "My T Guys Network", something I declined because I didn't have the gumption to grow a business like he did.
He was a little "different", and in today's move towards automation, the internet, and cookie-cutter methods, he stood out. He will be missed.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 07:16:26 PM »
nobody, and I mean NOBODY used more puff ink than that guy :D....I still have a bottle kicking around here too blue....good times

That is true. Puff was his friend. His sauce was killer too. We talked a few weeks ago and he was all good. so its a little bit of a shock.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline DraginInk

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 08:06:22 PM »
Aloha Johnny. RIP
Here we go ...again

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 08:27:24 PM »
We only have one guaranty in this life and how you want to be remembered is up to you. I knew Johnny before and he was an ok guy and would help if he could with advise and how to’s. Yes he was stuck in his ways but that is what made him who he was. I pray he is in heaven showing Jesus how to screen print and use puff additive.

Offline prozyan

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 11:30:56 PM »
Damn, this sucks.  Johnny was a fun dude to talk to.  This video he made a while back sums up his personality pretty well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik-JJQ0VI78
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2018, 09:39:01 AM »
Damn, this sucks.  Johnny was a fun dude to talk to.  This video he made a while back sums up his personality pretty well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik-JJQ0VI78

rockin Def Leppard.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2018, 10:04:27 AM »
Can't say enough about Johnny, he was one of the first to reach out to me on the old Scott Fresener forum, he would send me vids of stuff he built to get the job done, I was just thinking about him the other day with those Christmas sweatshirts he use to do, Tennessee has lost a fine guy.. RIP
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2018, 12:23:18 PM »
I always remember the story he told about missing a chance to have lunch with his Father one day because he was too busy.  His Father passed away that same day.  Life is too short.

Now you two are together again for all of eternity.  RIP
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2018, 01:45:38 PM »
RIP Johnny.
Dale Hoyal

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2018, 02:25:00 PM »
I always remember the story he told about missing a chance to have lunch with his Father one day because he was too busy.  His Father passed away that same day.  Life is too short.

Now you two are together again for all of eternity.  RIP

If he was a chip off the old block, then his dad probably understood. Still...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't