Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 4773 times)

Offline sandlotapparel

« on: December 20, 2018, 12:57:07 PM »
I'm a little aggravated at myself, I've been printing for seven years and just now stumbled into the wealth of information that is here.  Last night I think I spent 5 hours just looking through old posts.  Can't wait to join in the conversations here.

Thanks,
Colby

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 01:16:32 PM »
Hi Colby!!!

better late then never! Welcome aBOARD!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 02:03:18 PM »
And you have it right. Read, read, and read some more! Lots to glean from these fields of information.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline SEPSINK

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 02:34:02 PM »
WELCOME! This place does indeed rock!
www.seps.ink Color Separations For Screen Printers

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 03:15:33 PM »
Sooooo, tell us more?

And welcome
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 03:43:46 PM »
Welcome!
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 04:30:05 PM »
Welcome aboard, friend. It's true, there's a lot of info here. And a lot of acknowledgment and alternate views on a lot of topics too, you can really get multiple perspectives here.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2018, 04:46:33 PM »
Welcome..........
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2018, 05:50:49 AM »
Welcome aboard,  the diversity and the value squirreled away in here is way bigger than any one printer could imagine .
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline sandlotapparel

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2018, 02:27:12 PM »
To give a little more background, i am a teacher at a local high school and print in the evenings and weekends.  In a typical week, we (my wife and I) print about 500-700 shirts.  So to see some of the numbers you guys are printing out is a little mind boggling.  I like to tell people I have a job during the day and I get to play in the evenings. 

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2018, 05:02:52 PM »
Some general info on setup/equipment?

And you don't have to be bashful.  Some of us started out using Flash dryers for cure, etc.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline sandlotapparel

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2018, 05:35:35 PM »
I have a 4x4 hopkins with micros and just got a dryer this year.  So yes, I used a flash for six years. 

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2018, 09:45:48 PM »
As did I, lol

Offline sandlotapparel

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2018, 10:56:17 AM »
I didn't realize the impact a conveyor dryer would have on my production time.  It has been a total game changer for me. 

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2018, 11:20:03 AM »
I didn't realize the impact a conveyor dryer would have on my production time.  It has been a total game changer for me.

It's like the difference between helping your kid's Cub Scout den make a dozen shirts, and running a real job of a thousand for the local Boy Scout Council.

For years, we have have advised anyone who starts at this hobby level, and strives to go commercial, to put aside every penny they make to go towards this important step up. An absolute necessity.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?