screen printing > General Screen Printing

Printing issue

(1/4) > >>

TL:
Anyone run into this problem like in the attached picture?  Print is: White base - flash - white base - flash - pink  done on an automatic, plastisol ink.   There are faint diagonal lines running through the pink.   We tried just one base underneath and it wasn't any better.  We re-exposed that piece of film on a new screen, didn't help.  I have never seen this before.  Any help/suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks

blue moon:
that might have something to do with off contact. Make sure your screen is pulling out of the ink while printing.

pierre

Frog:
Are the irregularities consistently located? Probably not exactly.
Pierre's suggestion of off-contact being involved makes me also wonder about the temp and tackiness of the underbase.

Sbrem:
I'm thinking your plate is not perfectly flat perhaps? Or, the flash is missing a spot, broken bulb maybe?

Steve

screenxpress:
It looks like the same faint parallel white lines are visible in the "R" above the Pink image. 

If that's right, then the Pink screen may not be putting down enough ink (or is a coarse halftone) and is allowing the the faint white lines to show through the Pink.

Is the white (after flash) still sticky causing the screen to snap back and pulling up some Pink leaving some of the white underbase exposed?

The white underbase almost looks like a mosaic texture print in itself. 

Just my thoughts

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version