Author Topic: Epson WF1100 Waste Pad Warning  (Read 1314 times)

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Epson WF1100 Waste Pad Warning
« on: February 20, 2019, 11:55:30 AM »
I assume is inevitable on all Epsons. What software did you use? Do all charge for a key?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline TheGhost

• Verified/Junior
Re: Epson WF1100 Waste Pad Warning
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 12:33:30 PM »
WIC is what I'd use
https://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?products_id=1138
$9 for a key to reset.

I'd suggest replacing the waste ink tank too, unless you have it wired to feed out into one you've been emptying then ignore my suggestion.

http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php?topic=14556.0 also found this old thread with the free epson utility mentioned, but pretty sure it doesn't fully reset like this program I linked. Seem to remember using it with my old 1400 and being disappointed a few pages later when it started throwing the error again.

Hope someone can chime in with a free option, but $9 ain't bad. I've used this site in combination with WIC to reset my 1400 and 1430 over the years with no issues. They're great.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 12:44:12 PM »
thanks, looks like WIC from 2manuals is the common one. Recommended by Richard at Cobra as well it turns out.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 01:09:20 PM »
Done! and except for the price of a lunch I'll skip today, painless.

Offline TheGhost

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 01:11:59 PM »
:) Awesome!

Online Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 02:51:17 PM »
epson had a freebie for that, but I can't remember the name, it only worked on PC, and I'd have to drag our old 1400 over to the one PC and hook it up directly, no networking. Sorry Andy, that's all I got. And, you'll have to change that pad eventually...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 02:54:05 PM »
epson had a freebie for that, but I can't remember the name, it only worked on PC, and I'd have to drag our old 1400 over to the one PC and hook it up directly, no networking. Sorry Andy, that's all I got. And, you'll have to change that pad eventually...

Steve

From what I understand, the Epson freebie just buys a little more time. As for the pad itself, convert to an external tank.

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 03:48:15 PM »
WIC is what I'd use
https://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?products_id=1138
$9 for a key to reset.

I'd suggest replacing the waste ink tank too, unless you have it wired to feed out into one you've been emptying then ignore my suggestion.

http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php?topic=14556.0 also found this old thread with the free epson utility mentioned, but pretty sure it doesn't fully reset like this program I linked. Seem to remember using it with my old 1400 and being disappointed a few pages later when it started throwing the error again.

Hope someone can chime in with a free option, but $9 ain't bad. I've used this site in combination with WIC to reset my 1400 and 1430 over the years with no issues. They're great.

We also used the WIC to reset ours, I think I was able to use that same Key more than once, so hang onto it for next time.
We never figured out how to access that waste tank without taking the whole printer apart.  Is there an easy access point?  I'm pretty sure we have overflowing tank and large ink puddle sitting on the inside of the printer at this point.....  :-\

Online Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 04:18:34 PM »

Steve

From what I understand, the Epson freebie just buys a little more time. As for the pad itself, convert to an external tank.

Yes, that's what we did, but that was 4 printers ago. If one, such as myself, just kept resetting, eventually the whole base would fill with waste ink... that was pretty messy, lol

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 11:00:59 PM »
Just learned the other day that a pad can fill, and printer is supposed to be done.

Please tell me how someone gets so much ink down there to actually fill the pad?

Thx

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 01:14:23 AM »
Just learned the other day that a pad can fill, and printer is supposed to be done.

Please tell me how someone gets so much ink down there to actually fill the pad?

Thx
Cumulative from cleanings. I think that they have calculated just how much in each cleaning, so the machine thinks it knows when the pad is full even when the printer is fitted with an external waste tank.
Apparently, on some printers, the pads are accessible and can be more easily changed out or even rinsed and cleaned.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 05:59:11 PM »
I want to emphasize how smart the conversion to an external, dumpable tank is. Even with printers that have relatively easy-to-access-pads to clean or replace, this is a neater solution. Easy to DIY or there are a few out there for a few bucks.
Pretty much just a little tubing and a jar or bottle.