Author Topic: My LED Exposure Unit Build  (Read 4737 times)

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: My LED Exposure Unit Build
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 08:39:16 AM »
Pangea,
Yours was the main one I was basing mine off of. I have shrunk mine down a bit to tighten up the LED spacing.

We are now talking about buying one, and saving this build for later. If I stop now I am really only out a little $$ and have a bunch of LED strip I can still use on my RC planes  ;D

We are in the learning portion and I don't want to have a bad screen burn hamper us in the beginning. Kinda sounds like this may be one of the more important pieces of equipment.

This is gratifying to hear. I couldn't help but feel that the warnings and negativivity expressed in some of our replies may have seemed harsh. But, as you probably have and will continue to learn that there can be so many hurdles and stumbling blocks in this biz, it's best to stick with tried and true techniques and procedures whenever possible.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Jhtitan

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 09:10:38 AM »
We have been doing HTV for a while now and have wanted to step into screen printing at some point. Well after 13 years my wife got laid off. So with her severance we have about 6 months to make this work.

We kind of got lucky with an opportunity that kind of dropped into our lap at the right time. over 350 gal of plastisol ink, a 6x6 lawson press w/micro reg and a 4x4 Lawson press, a really big and heavy Lawson belt dryer, a bunch vinyl and a 30" print and cut plotter, 24" vinyl cutter, Heat press, ton of screens and a bunch of other odds and ends. It took 2 trips to load it all up with a truck and 16ft box trailer. We are purging our basement to set it all up, hopefully next week. I will probably be posting on here much more soon.

Thanks all!
Jon

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2019, 10:28:59 AM »
Pangea, what are those gaps between the sets of lights?
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Pangea

• !!!
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2019, 01:16:30 PM »
Pangea, what are those gaps between the sets of lights?

They're safe lights (yellow LEDs). I've never seen an LED unit in person so I based all of the spacing off of what I could see in pictures.