screen printing > Tips and Tricks to Share (Please don't ask questions here)

CLOGGED SCREENS

(1/6) > >>

mooseman:
Not sure if anyone else has seen this but I thought I would share what we run into time to time.
The picture below shows a fresh screen test print white ink through a 156 screen.
The arrows show the result of a clogged screen that showed no indication of blockage (none that i noticed anyway) preventing a good ink deposit.
We see this every now and then and have tried several means to open the screen.
Ink wash, screen opener, lacquer thinner, jack hammer, nuclear weapons..................

What we ultimately figured out is the blockage was caused my dried minerals in our water. This is kind of unusual as we have municipal water, it is not hard and give no indications in laundry or washing dishes of any mineral deposits.

The second picture is the solution that is the solution to the problem. Works like a charm screen opens after a couple of wipes and ink flows nicely.
Just thought we would share for what it is worth.
mooseman

numbercruncher:
Yikes - go figure...type of emulsion used ? any effect on the emulsion?

mooseman:

--- Quote from: numbercruncher on January 16, 2019, 08:14:23 AM ---Yikes - go figure...type of emulsion used ? any effect on the emulsion?

--- End quote ---

The emulsion is Ulano Orange. We get pretty good EOM, (sorry no ability to measure) and no deterioration to the emulsion from the product we used. Ulano Orange is not waterproof but all indications are the edges and thickness of the emulsion in the treated area were not damaged. Additionally there was no transfer of emulsion to the cloth we used to treat the area. Literally it is a wipe on and wipe off process one or two times then cloth dry.
mooseman

Sbrem:
Perhaps a simple filter setup on the incoming supply?

Steve

blue moon:
are you sure it's not scumming? It sure sounds like it. . .

pierre

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version