Author Topic: Been lurking here for a while, figured I might as well introduce myself.  (Read 2432 times)

Offline Rustytraintrack

• Verified/Junior
I'm Dave, I have been printing for Professional Awards in Cincinnati for the last 11 years. For the first 7 years it was more of just a 9-5 that I went to every day. We ran a 6/4 Hopkins manual, a 6 color Lawson Trooper, and a Lawson conveyer that had about a 7 foot heat chamber squeezed into a basement of a 2 family house. I was taught some basics about printing but most of what I know I kind of had to figure out on my own. A lot of that stuff I figured out was really just putting baindaids on an all around shotty process and equipment. We couldn't keep up with production so we moved the printing side of the business to a new building down the street. When we moved we upgraded to a 9/10 Diamondback, a 6/4 Kruzer, A Fusion dryer with 10 ft heat chamber, and a Starlite exposure unit. Once I experienced better equipment I started trying to figure out how to get the most of it. Since then printing has become way more than a job to me. It has become my passion and improving our process has been something I have been obsessed with. I've been a member of this forum for a couple months and find myself getting lost reading pages of posts with you all discussing all sorts of things. So many of you have helped me and you don't even know it. The wealth of information on these boards can be overwhelming but I've found that if I run into a problem someone here has probably already posted about it and had a multitude of solutions offered up to them from other members. (gotta love the search tool)

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Been lurking here for a while, figured I might as well introduce myself.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 03:06:46 PM »
Glad that you found us, and thanks for using search and helping illustrate that "the board best helps those who help themselves"  ;)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Rustytraintrack

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 04:08:07 PM »
Glad that you found us, and thanks for using search and helping illustrate that "the board best helps those who help themselves"  ;)
No doubt that the board helps those who help themselves. All the information is there, just gotta dig a bit sometimes to find it. We were just talking the other day about how we have done more to improve over the last 2 months than we had in the previous 3 years combined since we moved production to a different building. It's no coincidence that I started coming to these boards  about 2 months ago.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 04:50:29 PM »
No doubt that the board helps those who help themselves. All the information is there, just gotta dig a bit sometimes to find it. We were just talking the other day about how we have done more to improve over the last 2 months than we had in the previous 3 years combined since we moved production to a different building. It's no coincidence that I started coming to these boards  about 2 months ago.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yep, it's why many of us "graybeards" and the cleverer young 'uns still apreciate the old school forums and boards. The information is organized and archived.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 05:25:59 PM »
Welcome a"board"  :)
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers