Author Topic: CTS Wax - Taking the plunge  (Read 10349 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: CTS Wax - Taking the plunge
« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2019, 03:28:05 PM »
I feel I may be one of the lucky few that has bought an I Image that also had a supply rep that spent a great amount of time in our shop calibrating everything. We are not a shop with all the fancy tools nor knowledge to go through all the calibration from screen to print. But since we bought our I Image through Martin AKA Tubelite our rep was here during the install and spent several days with me fine tuning everything, not just the machine but everything from density, angles, exposure, on press etc. That I feel is not something most shops that are not doing their own calibrations will ever get unless they are as lucky as we are. That I also feel is probably why my results with the I Image are far and above what we ever got with film printing. So in a typical smaller shop like us they can get an I Image installed and that is it, would their quality increase dramatically with out all the extra help we got? Probably not.

I would recommend anyone going to the point of investing in a CTS of any kind also invest in having someone with the tools and knowledge to come in and fine tune all the variables and have get the best out of that machine you invested so much money in.

While I am sure Mark is fantastic and has great knowledge, he is not the one I am talking about. We bought a I Image not a Douthitt. Our rep from Martin is Charlie Thorpe, a very knowledgeable person. I am sure others here that know him would agree.

That's a BIG one!  Probably the most important post on here.  It's also probably why Mark Dieli (spelling) does so well. The machine alone, is not what makes it a great choice. It's the training and customer service that comes with it. Kind of like Rich Hoffman installing and selling a press himself. He's knowledgeable enough to do the things you mention "about the machine".  I don't know what his emulsion and exposure knowledge is like, but I hear he goes above and beyond and stays with you and spends several days. That's key.  A good sales person that is capable of doing this is gold.

I do consulting for the Art Dept for separation and process/screen room I-Image re-training, calibration etc. and can even install after market, but can't do repair due to insurance reasons.  I don't do much of it or promote it due to my recent schedule over the last couple years but I like doing that a lot.
"No man is an island"

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: CTS Wax - Taking the plunge
« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2019, 04:21:16 PM »
Oh, I knew that. I was just pointing out that Mark is another "like that'.  Rich Hoffman is like that. I know you're guy Charlie also. We did two different an installs together.  Good guy. Very knowledgeable. He's like that.

There are a hand full like that (that I know personally). There may be more that others know, but I only know a hand full. Not everyone likes all of them, but not everyone likes me either, and I'm a great guy :). LOL.
Matt Osborne is another one, from Screen Process Supply.

Not all sales people get in the trenches.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 04:26:18 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850