Author Topic: Hit a hoop! Tajima TMFXII-C1206  (Read 1014 times)

Offline LOGONAUT

Hit a hoop! Tajima TMFXII-C1206
« on: January 29, 2019, 02:13:27 PM »
Hello, I sure hope someone can help. I was running two heads of the 6 and didn't check my center. Needless to say I hit the hoops. Now the needles on both heads will not engage. Can someone please point me in the right direction to fix this? TIA

Online whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Hit a hoop! Tajima TMFXII-C1206
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 02:45:05 PM »
Not sure how bad it is... but a thread cut doesn't work?  Or turn on/off?

if it hit hard maybe timing is off?

Offline aauusa

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 02:46:34 PM »
broken recipricator.   easy fix if you are inclinded to fix your own machine but it is very in depth.  not for the novice or scared.

if all other heads work except for these 2 then it is the recipricator.

Offline LOGONAUT

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 02:53:50 PM »
Thanks for the speedy replies...Timing is fine.  But if it's a broken recipricator, would the same needles on the other heads work. And if so, I am a beginner... 4 months in the game but not scared and mechanically inclined. Is there a tutorial you might know of?

Offline aauusa

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 03:28:13 PM »
yes the other needles will still work.  the recipricator is a small plastic piece which is design to break incase of a hard needle hit like you had.  You can contact hirsch and they will email you diagrams(pics) which helps is the repair.    If you have the operators manual for that machine then it should have the pics in there as that is how we got ours.  new with the machine.   but call hirsch and they will help walk you through getting it up.  first time will take about 2 hours to replace.

but if you the least bit scared then get a pro.   

Offline dsh

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 03:43:26 PM »
Here is a youtube replacing the recipricator.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0I4VMONwUk  .  There are several to give you an idea of what you're looking at.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 03:45:50 PM »
I think you mean the other heads will sew fine.  That head is down.  I would search the interwebs for a good video.  The Barudan is totally different than our previous machines when it comes to changing a broken reciprocator.

For you first time, maybe hire a tech, but watch him do it.  They will a lot of times will have tricks that will save you time.  You could also have them look the machine over for anything else.

Offline LOGONAUT

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 04:41:47 PM »
You all are awesome! I want to thank you all for your replies! They were very helpful and the video was super helpful. It doesn't seem to be a tough job at all. Now I would like to know if there are some recommended part dealers out there for this particular machine. It happens to be like a 1999 model. Tajima TMFXII-C1206

Offline aauusa

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 05:30:58 PM »
we use sew many parts.

I would buy a couple extra when you do get them.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 06:02:30 PM »
Also to add to the good info you received you might consider joining this Yahoo group good info available there and free to join.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TajimaUsers/info
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.