Author Topic: What's the cheapest way to ship 1 shirt?  (Read 705 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
What's the cheapest way to ship 1 shirt?
« on: January 29, 2019, 04:24:29 PM »
we are about to start sending out some samples and need to ship one shirt out at a time. It does not need to be quick, but it does need to get there. Almost everything would be within one day of ground shipping via UPS or FedEx; just in case distance matters. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: What's the cheapest way to ship 1 shirt?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 04:35:44 PM »
USPS
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 04:37:27 PM »
USPS

bag, envelope, box, tube . . .? First class or if it's samples can it go as media mail?

thanx,

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 04:51:15 PM »
Should be able to go in an envelope....Some folks use a food sealer to keep them flat...

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 04:52:31 PM »
USPS has your lowest min pkg cost.  Fedex and UPS are around $7 I think for most accounts?  Maybe lower if you have a monster account but even then it's typically with a USPS partnership that they get it done.

1st class in a polybag is our go to for singles.  Sans food sealer, haha.  I kind of like that idea.... but not the part of the story where somebody gets a vacuum squished shirt.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 05:06:09 PM »
This will save you a bit if you have time to use these....
https://www.usmintsheets.com/postage/

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 10:53:38 AM »
I just sent our first out (from an online store) via USPS and it was $3.18 for a G640L, size L. In a Uline padded envelope that was $0.52, the customer paid $5.18.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline GoWestRob

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 04:55:19 PM »
Tyvek envelopes are stupid expensive through office supply stores, we get our 1 shirt envelopes on Ebay by the 100s and save like 70% over the office supply piece price. 

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 05:23:45 PM »
usps click n ship.. we get the envelopes from usps for free. Its $7 and change.. we do online fulfillment this way. Quick and easy. We use there 11x15 envelopes but you may get something smaller that would work