Author Topic: Digital mug printing?  (Read 2756 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Digital mug printing?
« on: February 01, 2019, 11:44:04 AM »
We are trying to figure out how to move away from dye sub mugs for a variety of reasons.  Does anyone digitally print these in house or know of someone who does that I could contact about equipment, issues, etc.  Thanks!

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Digital mug printing?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 12:34:21 PM »
if you guys do it, i'll start outsourcing jobs to you all for that!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline aauusa

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 02:13:35 PM »
are you wanting to find someone who prints dye sub transfers?   or someone who digitally prints the mugs?

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 02:21:08 PM »
We already do dye sub mugs, like thousands a quarter.  We print the transfers in house, use the mug wraps, have things mostly dialed in, but the process is limiting in many ways so we are looking for alternatives.  The digital printers we have researched seem to be a great alternative for lower volume, full color stuff that isnt as limited when it comes to mug style, size, color, etc.  They also will work on a bunch of other items like water bottles, usb drives, pens, and from what I can gather even chloroplast signs.  We already have solutions for higher volume stuff, so this is just for low volume and on demand stuff, which we do a ton of currently (we manage dozens of stores that offer mugs).

Eric: we are doing it, and soon.  Just wanted to talk to a few folks if there are any already doing it so we can start off right.  We bought a cylinder screen printing press today as well for simpler stuff.  Will be testing inks etc over the next few weeks.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 02:42:32 PM »
We already do dye sub mugs, like thousands a quarter.  We print the transfers in house, use the mug wraps, have things mostly dialed in, but the process is limiting in many ways so we are looking for alternatives.  The digital printers we have researched seem to be a great alternative for lower volume, full color stuff that isnt as limited when it comes to mug style, size, color, etc.  They also will work on a bunch of other items like water bottles, usb drives, pens, and from what I can gather even chloroplast signs.  We already have solutions for higher volume stuff, so this is just for low volume and on demand stuff, which we do a ton of currently (we manage dozens of stores that offer mugs).

Eric: we are doing it, and soon.  Just wanted to talk to a few folks if there are any already doing it so we can start off right.  We bought a cylinder screen printing press today as well for simpler stuff.  Will be testing inks etc over the next few weeks.

Cool. have the front office email me, with some info. we are always looking for new vendors for mugs.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 08:15:28 AM »
This is a business we want to get into as well and have been looking into UV printers. I would be curious to hear what you those.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 11:12:45 AM »
Now I'm curious...how are you looking to digitally print a mug?
Tees and Coffee

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 07:14:05 PM »
There are a number of different uv digital printers that work on mugs, we just haven't decided on one mainly due to not talking to shops actually running them. Have only found a connection for one brand so far.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 12:55:31 AM »
Is that like a 30k investment?

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2019, 06:37:55 AM »
There are a number of different uv digital printers that work on mugs, we just haven't decided on one mainly due to not talking to shops actually running them. Have only found a connection for one brand so far.

That's pretty much where we are in the process.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2019, 03:12:26 PM »
yes, about $30k