Author Topic: non roller, roller frames  (Read 755 times)

Online ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
non roller, roller frames
« on: February 04, 2019, 02:00:30 PM »
Looking to see what alternatives there are, for retensionable frames.

I'm looking for square frame retensionable frames. What options do we have? I have some of the Shurloc ez Frames, and those are good, but not retensionable, aside from swapping out panels.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: non roller, roller frames
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 02:45:32 PM »
Panel frames can be retensioned in a fashion, by giving them an extra "wrap" where they go into the keeper channel.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 03:41:09 PM »
there are the Hix ones, and very much like them were Climax frames, we have a bunch. They are heavy, and a bit of a PITA, but work well. They use locking strips like roller frames, and the mesh is attached pretty much the same way as on roller frames, and use an allen/hex wrench on each end of the bar to stretch or loosen.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline BP

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 06:46:59 AM »
I think Diamond Chase still makes a frame like that.
SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 10:52:53 AM »
I think Shurloc sells the retensioning bar for their frames as well. Gives you an extra notch to click into so you can bring the tension back up.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 11:00:21 AM »
I think Shurloc sells the retensioning bar for their frames as well. Gives you an extra notch to click into so you can bring the tension back up.

Though I don't remember who, one of the other panel frame manufacturers advertised a choice of two tensions on theirs. I don't remember which brand though.
I guess that the frame profile could include two separate "ridges" over which to stretch the keeper bars. Maybe designed to work harden the mesh and then re-stretch tighter.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline BRGtshirts

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 07:05:54 PM »

I'm looking for square frame retensionable frames. What options do we have? I have some of the Shurloc ez Frames, and those are good, but not retensionable, aside from swapping out panels.

Hi Eric, this is Will from Blue Ridge Graphics. We met briefly at ISS at the Saati booth while talking to Keith. We also run a few Shurlocs EZ and always have kept good tension on them especially for thin threads. Wondering if you're seeing much tension drop or just looking for higher tensions then what the ez frames allow?

We've messed with Shurloc's retensionable Endurance frames, but not enough to comment on how long they last. I know the process is straight forward: release tension, move the black locking strip, and tighten/advance to the next tightening position on the frame. You can do all four, two, or one side at a time (each adding more tension). 

Online ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 07:26:59 PM »

Hi Eric, this is Will from Blue Ridge Graphics. We met briefly at ISS at the Saati booth while talking to Keith. We also run a few Shurlocs EZ and always have kept good tension on them especially for thin threads. Wondering if you're seeing much tension drop or just looking for higher tensions then what the ez frames allow?

We've messed with Shurloc's retensionable Endurance frames, but not enough to comment on how long they last. I know the process is straight forward: release tension, move the black locking strip, and tighten/advance to the next tightening position on the frame. You can do all four, two, or one side at a time (each adding more tension).

With the EZ frames, tension stays consistent, but still over time drops. So having the option to retension is ideal for us.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285