Author Topic: Interchange MD-8 maintenance  (Read 506 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Interchange MD-8 maintenance
« on: February 09, 2019, 12:00:02 PM »
Hey you fellow MD-8 owners, we've been cleaning our filters regularly and other maintenance, but haven't opened it up to clean. In the manual it says to unlatch it and open it up and clean. Really? Unlatching is very easy, but moving it? We're talking about the feed end, since the other section has the burner and gas connections. We can't budge it toward the press, and certainly not up. Also, I really can't see that it could move, which is pretty funny. Any help will appreciated...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline BRGtshirts

Re: Interchange MD-8 maintenance
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 08:06:19 PM »
Sbrem, funny I’m messaging you again. I just remembered that I had seen this MD 8 post a while back and I wanted to reply to whoever had posted it.

We are a long-time user of this dryer and think it’s absolutely fantastic. Ours is a split belt with 12’ of heat. (that being said our only issue ever is the auto tracking (in my opinion a little over engineered but it does the job).

Maintenance for the top section is pretty easy. (We also clean the blower fan area as you mentioned, and usually do it all the same time).

Unhook the section(s) from the heating section, and slide them so they rest on the in-feed or out-feed. Then simply take a shop vac or broom and get out all the little fingers of lint. These are where the forced air holes are where lint had gotten stuck and accumulated. We do this a couple times a year.

Typically you won’t have very many at all.  then you simply push the sections back together, reclamp  them and you’re done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk