Author Topic: What to do when logo is embroidered where there is an inner pocket?  (Read 885 times)

Offline rusty

Hey, I outsource all my embroidery so I don't know too much and have a customer asking for some high end north face puffy vests.

They say they've had issues in the past on similar jackets cause the embroidery goes through an inner pocket. Still waiting to see an image of this particular jacket but what do people usually do if this happens?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: What to do when logo is embroidered where there is an inner pocket?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 01:10:16 PM »
Sometimes it is the only way to do the job. When we have that issue we inform the customer that it has to be thbat way or find an alternative location. We never do it with out first letting them know.
"No man is an island"

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 01:27:59 PM »
Wow, really makes me appreciate the Port Pocket for embroidery access on some of their outerware.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline rusty

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 02:29:25 PM »
Sometimes it is the only way to do the job. When we have that issue we inform the customer that it has to be thbat way or find an alternative location. We never do it with out first letting them know.

This is what I figured. Hoping there might be an alternative. Thanks

Online cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 04:47:17 PM »
right chest.
Shane

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 04:55:03 PM »
there is always another option. . . pay the seamstress to open it up, do the decorating and have her close it back up. If they have to have NF, they will have to pay!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 09:33:10 AM »
Wow, really makes me appreciate the Port Pocket for embroidery access on some of their outerware.

Yea but on some of the jackets the port pocket doesn't allow you to pout the embroidery in the correct place.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 10:26:35 AM »
What White said is initially true but over time we have noticed the "port pocket" zipper length (on some styles) has become more than suitable in added length to fix their initial rather tight access .
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.