Author Topic: Industrial Shop Vacs  (Read 551 times)

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
Industrial Shop Vacs
« on: February 19, 2019, 09:45:33 AM »
It's time to step our game up in the shop vac department.  What's everyone using?
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Industrial Shop Vacs
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 09:54:00 AM »
What are you using it for?

If it's not a wet/dry vac, go central vac and run lines all over the shop with blast gates and remote on/off switches.

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 10:40:33 AM »
Not looking to go that elaborate. Mostly just vacuuming the shop areas for dust and crud.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline aauusa

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 10:55:54 AM »
We use a royal commercial vacuum.    absolutely the best basic vacuum ever made.  easy to replace belts and sucks like no other.  plus all parts are metal not plastic.

Offline cclaud3

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 01:36:12 PM »
We've had a hoover backpack for 3 years. They used to make a lesser grade version but I believe it's been dropped. We have the nicer one and it's EXCELLENT. I am not easily impressed. Efficiently/quickly gets all of the dust that you run over with it. Sometimes webrestaurant store is cheaper than amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Hoover-Commercial-Lightweight-Backpack-C2401/dp/B005NASZG8/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=hoover+backpack+vacuum&qid=1550601217&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 07:12:43 PM »
Yes, I have seen the backpacks in action and they seem like the best option. I thought about central vac but the backpack just seems to make the most sense.

Mount it at waist height so that you can put it on without lifting it or bending over.

But still, having a hose near the press that you can just turn on seems really nice. So points for the central vac there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 08:11:14 PM »
I borrowed a friends Ridged 6.5HP shop vac last week and that thing has some impressive suction. I think Home Depot sells them. I gotta pick one of them up.