Author Topic: PMI Dual Tack Pallet Tape #380  (Read 2023 times)

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
PMI Dual Tack Pallet Tape #380
« on: February 21, 2019, 01:02:03 PM »
Are you all using this? I saw this on a video recap of ISS Long Beach and ordered a sample.

We just ran 2000 impressions and though we had to wipe shirt fuzz, these stuck for the entire run, and then some.  I was pretty impressed.
This is not a sponsored post, I just had some real life experience with a new product that I love.

https://www.pmitape.com/dual-tack-pallet-tape

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

Re: PMI Dual Tack Pallet Tape #380
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 01:18:44 PM »
ive been using a similar product sourced from Garston in Haverhill MA.   they have 16" and 18" wide rolls. 

i think we've been using it for over 20 years

we get similar impression count on the pallet tape... 

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 01:25:39 PM »
  Looks interesting. I just ordered a sample.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 01:27:38 PM »
I have used it a few times.

Works great on regular 100% cotton garments.  Blended garments dont seem to stick well.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 03:04:15 PM »
My Tubelite rep is bringing a sample of this stuff. Sounds promising. Glad to hear positive reviews about it so far.

Online rusty

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 03:48:24 PM »
looks interesting. got a sample coming.

I assume this isn't good for sweatshirts. Would be amazing if it was.

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 04:52:42 PM »

If someone made something like this for hoodies, oh man, would they make some money. I think I went through at least 70 bottles of web spray this winter so far...

Online rusty

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 05:49:10 PM »

If someone made something like this for hoodies, oh man, would they make some money. I think I went through at least 70 bottles of web spray this winter so far...

I refuse to use web spray it cause to much of a mess and doesn’t work that great.

I use 3M super 77 for hoodies works pretty good. And I usually have to spray pallet every third rotation. I used about 2/3 of a can doing 250 champion eco crew necks. Granted, the print are was about 6x8.

Can costs $10 at Home Depot.

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 09:15:30 AM »
  I hope I didn't open a Pandora's spam box... Just since yesterday, I've gotten 3 e-mails from them.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 09:19:31 AM »
  I hope I didn't open a Pandora's spam box... Just since yesterday, I've gotten 3 e-mails from them.

Today's price for "free" information (or samples).
Thank goodness for "Unsubscribe" options when needed.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 09:21:15 AM »

I refuse to use web spray it cause to much of a mess and doesn’t work that great.

I use 3M super 77 for hoodies works pretty good. And I usually have to spray pallet every third rotation. I used about 2/3 of a can doing 250 champion eco crew necks. Granted, the print are was about 6x8.

Can costs $10 at Home Depot.

Does it come out as a mist or web? I stopped using anything that mists years ago and won't go back. I've been using the web tack then going over it with a clean up card to sort of spread it out/reduce the amount in one area and it's been working pretty well. Keeps the fleece down and they aren't a nightmare to pull off the pallets anymore.

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 09:58:19 AM »
  this reminds me that years (many, many years) ago we would use 3M sandblast filler for adhesive.
I don't know how it is formulated now but it was and still is pretty cheap and it worked. Liquid carded on just like the water-based stuff now.

Offline jvieira

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2019, 01:35:51 PM »
I've been looking to get this from Europe but no luck so far, can only find it from American suppliers. What a bummer. Oh well, it's still hoodie season so not too bothered but April is coming and need to try this out ASAP

Offline jvieira

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2019, 02:24:45 PM »
I've been looking to get this from Europe but no luck so far, can only find it from American suppliers. What a bummer. Oh well, it's still hoodie season so not too bothered but April is coming and need to try this out ASAP

1 month later, got it and loving it!! still doing the math on it but it's working out for us nicely