Author Topic: Printing on Ladies Leggings Sport Tek LPST880  (Read 709 times)

Offline avogel

Printing on Ladies Leggings Sport Tek LPST880
« on: April 03, 2019, 11:44:09 AM »
We had a customer send us some Ladies Sport Tek LPST880 leggings. They are Polyester and Spandex. What is the best ink and method to print on these? They are black with 165 orange print about 17" long down the leg. They don't want a thick plastisol feel to the print. I have tried a few different things in the past on these and vowed to never do them again, yet here I am.
Is there a way to waterbase these that will be soft but have a bright orange print? Stretchability?

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
Re: Printing on Ladies Leggings Sport Tek LPST880
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 11:46:35 AM »
We have had these come back to us, and we always refuse to do them. We get lulu lemon pants delivered by clients, and we say absolutely not.

The only way we would do it is to do a vinyl transfer with fashion film through Stahls. If they don’t want to pay for that, I tell them not so kindly, to find someone local that then can do it for them.

Offline kirkwad

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 12:40:05 PM »
One Stroke ELT-S ink works for stretch material. Won't be a total waterbased feel, but will work. The other option is silicone ink, but that's a pain especially for small orders.

I'd go w/ what mcguire said & just do a light vinyl rated for stretch.

Provided Lulu Lemon garments =  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Just asking to lose money printing on those with replacement cost if you mess up, which we have.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 05:26:14 PM »
One Stroke ELT-S ink works for stretch material. Won't be a total waterbased feel, but will work. The other option is silicone ink, but that's a pain especially for small orders.

Just asking to lose money printing on those with replacement cost if you mess up, which we have.

We get some locals that bring in Lululemon, and if they sign a waiver, we'll print them, IF we think they'll be trouble free. $65 for a 3.5 oz. ladies t? Jeez...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 05:32:49 PM »
I’d run Dow Corning’s silicone ink. No plastisol feel and it cures super low. No migration.  If they want quality and will pay for it that’s the way to go IMO.

Offline kirkwad

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 01:37:48 PM »

We get some locals that bring in Lululemon, and if they sign a waiver, we'll print them, IF we think they'll be trouble free. $65 for a 3.5 oz. ladies t? Jeez...

Steve

That's a good idea. I'm going to bring that up to our CSR's. Thanks Steve!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 02:15:43 PM »
These particular items are a helluva lot cheaper than Lululemons, $17. However, will have the same printing requirements.
What is your usual policy on "supplied" shirts? If you do accept them, you should already have a liability waiver on your invoices. Pretty standard policy.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline avogel

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 04:09:44 PM »
We do contract work, so 95% of our garments are customer provided. I don't really have a liability issue with these. This is more about quality and achieving what the customer wants. I have tried the ELT S before. They don't like the feel and thickness of that print. Thought someone might have had some waterbase or HSA success with these. I will probably just turn the order away. I would rather do that then produce a bad product and have to deal with that problem.