Author Topic: travel samples  (Read 685 times)

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
travel samples
« on: February 24, 2019, 08:29:13 PM »
Frequently my meets clients at their business or even home. We have some samples of different shirt for color and sizing quality. Does anyone else do this? How do you keep the samples neat and organized?
Thanks.

When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: travel samples
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 09:28:09 PM »
When I did sales and went to meetings, I had a nice large luggage suitcase. In that, the samples were set up in order that I wanted to present them and on hangers hanging in the luggage.  Often, the places I went to for meetings were in a rom that was usually setup to hang your samples on the wall for display. Was pretty cool that way.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Online blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 08:58:56 AM »
we have a nice suitcase and try to keep the samples neatly stacked inside. Every now and then we have to heat press them to get the wrinkles out.
Usually stack them before going to the meeting so they are in the order they will be presented. They are a mess when done, so if there is time fold on site or refold once back.

No real good answer for small spaces. If you have room for a rolling rack, than you can just hang them in a garment bag. That would keep it nice, neat and organized.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 10:44:09 AM »
  When I was doing it I also made up a loose leaf school type binder with embroidery swatches
of nice designs I had digitized and sewn. Used clear page protectors and everybody liked it so
much they had me make up a set in slow times for each of our sales people. It beats carrying
around another set of sample shirts.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 10:46:18 AM »
Frequently my meets clients at their business or even home. We have some samples of different shirt for color and sizing quality. Does anyone else do this? How do you keep the samples neat and organized?
Thanks.

How many shirts are you talking about? That could certainly affect the possible solution(s)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 11:25:11 AM »
I never did think of a suitcase. That is a great idea. She is usually meeting at an office, school classroom or coffee shop. Most of our customers have an idea of what they are looking for so we do not need to bring too much.
Thanks for the ideas.
Matt
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Flash Ink

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 12:19:59 PM »
When I was an outside sales rep for a clothing company I used these. https://thefixturezone.com/cagrsaba48lo.html They keep everything organized and clean. I had the whole kit, hangars, rolling rack, garment bag and I would throw the whole thing in the back of my truck. It worked great.