Author Topic: MSP3140 not firing  (Read 542 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
MSP3140 not firing
« on: February 26, 2019, 02:35:48 PM »
Starting about a month ago our MSP needs about 2 minutes between each screen before the bulb will fire again. I have gone inside and did a good cleaning, made sure there was no air restrictions anywhere and even put a couple fans around it to see if it simply a cooling issue, no dice. I suppose I could measure the capacitor farads but I do not see that being the issue since the capacitor obviously works when it does fire the bulb. It should only take a short time to energizer a capacitor that size. Could it be the bulb? Would an old bulb stop firing? Its to consistent in my opinion, takes the same amount of time after every burn before it will fire again?

Thoughts?
"No man is an island"

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: MSP3140 not firing
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 02:57:41 PM »
Obviously need to check in with M&R but it's not a bad idea to keep a back up bulb. Just be sure to use the gloves!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 03:05:36 PM »
Calling in for a bulb tomorrow, I thought I had one on hand but I didn't. Just wanted to know if I needed to order more than a bulb while at it. Still wondering about the capacitor but it doesn't make sense. Also checked the supply and its a good 120.
"No man is an island"

Offline Admiral

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 06:28:42 PM »
I don't have the manual or the machine anymore but we had something fail inside it once that stopped the current going to the bulb - I want to say the special current carrying screw/bolts on it or something nearby there. 

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 09:00:17 AM »
Not uncommon to have strike failures on a hot bulb. Call M&R you need to talk to Israel the NuArc guru.
Dale Hoyal

Offline Croft

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 09:28:44 AM »
Mine is dead in the water, have had strike failures for a while . It probably Isn't the bulb. I bought a starlight and haven't fixed the 3140 because we have been super impressed with it.
There is a post on here that lists the couple of parts that control firing that go they both cost a few hundred dollars each.