Author Topic: CHALLENGER I screen clamp switches..  (Read 513 times)

Offline Alchemink

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
CHALLENGER I screen clamp switches..
« on: February 27, 2019, 12:03:03 PM »
I have attached a pic of exactly what I'm talking about. So, we got this press from an auction and we've been getting it back to working order. We have three of these switches that do what they're supposed to do, but they leak TONS of air specifically from those two holes above and below that hose in the picture.
We have taken a bunch of these apart and replaced ALL the o-rings and lubricated all the seals with silicone grease. That's done the trick for all except these last three. We just got 3 off ebay and we have now replaced everything inside of those and it's still whizzin air.
Any thoughts?
Boss thinks there might be a bit of a feedback loop, if you will, between these switches and the clamp piston it controls.
"There is not a truth existing which I fear...or would wish unknown to the whole world."
- Thomas Jefferson -

Offline CGS

• Verified/Junior
Re: CHALLENGER I screen clamp switches..
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 05:55:12 PM »
He's correct you have one or both of the cylinders that the switch controls blowing by the seal inside the cylinder causing it to exhaust back out the switch

Offline Alchemink

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 11:38:00 AM »
Thank you, that helped immensely and we got those taken care of.

Now, the next thing that's perplexing us is when some of the heads go to print, they will 'bounce' either at the front or the back until all heads have reached the sensor so that they can all go back the other way. They will touch the bumper/spring and they will bounce back and forth until all sensors have been reached. We know that the bumpers need new fluid in them but its not the bumpers that are pushing them away. It seems like an air issue. We are currently in the process of revisiting the Tol-O-Matics and getting those resealed properly but I just wanted to throw that in here for some direction. Thanks!
"There is not a truth existing which I fear...or would wish unknown to the whole world."
- Thomas Jefferson -

Offline CGS

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 02:10:29 PM »
On the end caps of the tol o matic cylinders there is a cushion adjustment screw, try adjusting that to see if that helps any