Author Topic: Exposure Blanket Glue?  (Read 889 times)

Offline 1964GN

Exposure Blanket Glue?
« on: March 04, 2019, 11:00:22 AM »
We have  Richmond Solar 3000 and the blanket is toast. We ordered a new blanket that is coming today but when removing the old one we discovered that it was glued down. Any idea what kind of glue would work? It needs to adhere the rubber to the metal frame work.
Thanks!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Exposure Blanket Glue?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 11:02:14 AM »
Wouldn't that be any good contact cement? (the types applied to both surfaces, dried for about fifteen minutes, and then pressed together?)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 01:18:30 PM »
Contact cement like Frog said but be sure you get the original ( brown hydrocarbon base) not the ammonia (white water base stuff)
Lastly take your time you are only hoi g to get one shot at it once the cement touches cement you can't go back.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 06:06:37 PM »
I have used the yellow 3m weather strip adhesive (any auto parts store)in the past. Works well.... just make sure you get it right on the first go. It’s is very strong... if you have to reposition something, it will be messy.

Offline markdhl

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 07:30:33 PM »
If not too late, Loctite (401 I think but you can call in the morning for me to verify) is specifically for rubber to metal.  A bit expensive but worth it.  Must be kept in the refridgerator when not in use.

Contact cement is for rubber to rubber.

Mark Diehl
313 515 8635