Author Topic: Preparing underbase for CTS using Coreldraw  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Preparing underbase for CTS using Coreldraw
« on: March 11, 2019, 07:14:15 AM »
I am getting a CTS soon and understand that I need to change the way I prepare the underbases.
Up to now we make the outline white.
I'd appreciate someone with experience telling me how they do it.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 04:37:32 PM by Maxie »
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Preparing underbase for CTS using Coreldraw
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 10:13:08 AM »
For us, I sep it as usual. The only difference is I print to a postscript file instead of the 4800. I Open that up in the RIP and print to the DTS...nothing really changed as far as the seps go.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 10:29:26 AM »
I second what Homer says.  The only other change I made was I changed the underbase from Pantone White to a regular PMS color to help in the print preview screen.  Also, it makes it easier to figure out which white is which when you have a set PMS number for the base and one for the highlight.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 03:52:48 PM »
same as both above. We use CG1 (renamed as ubase) and a color called TopWhite so we know which one is which. The ubase is the same as it's always been. We do print out of illustrator though and have two layers; one with ubase and another with top colors. We turn off top colors to print ubase.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!