Author Topic: Barudan 2 head cost  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Biverson

Re: Barudan 2 head cost
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2019, 10:18:19 AM »
When I got my Barudan 6 head 2 years ago it was 50k and cheaper than a Happy and ZSK by far. I was shocked. If you get a Tajima get a stretch as the compacts are manufactured in China, so you're paying the same as a Barudan, but it's not manufactured nearly as well. My Barudan was also the wide sewing field. A compact would have been about 4k - 6k less. Just make sure you're comparing sewing fields when looking at prices.

Ohhhhh....and I LOVE my Barudan. I used to have SWFs and they were terrrrrrrible (very bad experience). Nowhere near the quality of a Barudan.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Brett - Pioneer Print Co.
www.idoshirts.com

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2019, 06:12:26 PM »
Anybody have a Ricoma CHT series to compare to Barudan with stitch quality and how about getting lower on flexfit hats?
Thanks,
Shane

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2019, 07:11:49 PM »
I feel like Tajima prices are up to the sales guy. We bought a machine for 85k. Next thing I know they are having a sale with this new guy and its 68k.

Might be able to find a good used one from http://www.stitchitintl.com/ or digitsmith.com

I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline Biverson

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 08:00:48 PM »
Barudan is hands down much better than Ricoma. They're made in China and all those off brand Butterflies, Redlines, etc. Are just rebranded Ricomas. Barudans hold their value really well and sell quickly. Ricomas not so much.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Brett - Pioneer Print Co.
www.idoshirts.com

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 06:02:52 AM »
Like Brett mentioned, don't buy a Ricoma. We bought a new Avance 4 head (which is a rebranded Ricoma) 4 years ago. While it has paid for itself easily it's been a huge struggle all of the way, especially on hats. We picked up a 2015 Barudan single head last summer and have blown away by the speed and quality. So much so that we just pulled the trigger on a new Barudan 6 Head compact which should be here in a couple of weeks.

The plan is to leave the Avance for flats and dedicate the Barudan to hats, and only convert one or the other on large runs. I can't tell you how excited I am to never run a hat on the Avance again!

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 06:12:13 AM »
There are really only 2 brands of embroidery machines you consider. Baurdan and Tajima. Everything else is worse, some way worse. If you are shopping on price you are already doing this wrong.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 08:40:48 AM »
There are really only 2 brands of embroidery machines you consider. Baurdan and Tajima. Everything else is worse, some way worse. If you are shopping on price you are already doing this wrong.

This^^^