Author Topic: Font Help Please  (Read 899 times)

Offline ThePrinter

• Verified/Junior
Font Help Please
« on: March 08, 2019, 10:14:43 AM »
Any one have any ideas what font this could be? Customer sent me the picture.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Font Help Please
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 04:26:13 PM »
I don't know if there is a matching font, but this is EngraverGothic BT with a contour for thickness and then a cover to fill in the "R" done in CorelDraw.

I think the "R" needs to be worked on but that could be done pretty easy.

Client doesn't know his/her own font?

« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 04:32:26 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 04:32:13 PM »
I don't know if there is a matching font, but this is EngraverGothic BT with a contour for thickness and then a cover to fill in the "R" done in CorelDraw.

It's that squared-off "R" that makes it a little tougher. Yours is round like most.
I'm just a little surprised that someonme would have a picture of cut and partially weeded text, but not have made a note of the font they used (assuming it's been converted to outlines or curves and isn't a fony any longer)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 04:34:24 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 04:32:50 PM »
I saw that and updated my post
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 05:01:12 PM »
Rounded
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 05:03:22 PM by screenxpress »

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 05:05:30 PM »

I'm just a little surprised that someonme would have a picture of cut and partially weeded text, but not have made a note of the font they used (assuming it's been converted to outlines or curves and isn't a fony any longer)

I so agree......

I just noticed the "R" may not have been weeded yet so it may not even need to be closed.  I guess we'll know
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 05:40:59 PM by screenxpress »

Offline ThePrinter

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 05:36:50 PM »
Thank you all for your help and input.

So yesterday the customer called me asking if I can do one shirt with a number for a volleyball team's "Libero" (they get a different color jersey) they or the other place forgot for a game on Saturday. I thought easy enough, so I sent a proof with the number on the back of a shirt saying if they sent a picture of the jersey I might be able to match the font used. The customers mother calls later and says it needs to have "Keller" on the back to match and says she will send a picture. That is the picture I got! My first thought is why can't the place you went to make the jersey? And why would they send the customer a picture of partially weeded vinyl?

Either way I produced it, they have it for the game, and are happy. Sometimes it makes you wonder! 

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 05:42:20 PM »
Yup. 

Tks for the update.  Remember, the customer is always right......except when they are wrong, lol.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 05:46:36 PM by screenxpress »

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 10:15:22 AM »
The question is, with all the back and forth for 1 jersey did you bill enough?  That's a rhetorical question, just there to make you think.  I am not a same day shop.  I had a good contract customer drop an order off at 4:25 Wednesday and asked if they could be done on Thursday by the end of the day.

I diplomatically said no, inside I was so ticked off.  They knew this order was coming in the week before.  I get ZERO notice until 24 hours before the team leaves for a trip.   We had already planned to relevel the press and do maintenance.