Author Topic: Flash Unit lamps not working  (Read 480 times)

Offline j3rman

Flash Unit lamps not working
« on: March 25, 2019, 08:15:06 AM »
Hello all, I have an older Progressive Flash unit that has the 3 middle lamps that will not work. The 3 on both ends work perfectly though. I've changed bulbs to brand new ones (even tested them in the working slots and no issues) and even changed the end cap holders as well and still nothing. Any other suggestions that I could try?

Thanks!

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

Re: Flash Unit lamps not working
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 08:48:49 AM »
ive never seen a progressive flash, but have you checked the fuses or breakers?  my anatol flash has three fuses - if one goes sometimes two zones will go dark...

checked relays?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 10:14:44 AM »
ive never seen a progressive flash, but have you checked the fuses or breakers?  my anatol flash has three fuses - if one goes sometimes two zones will go dark...

checked relays?

this, or the relays. . .
pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 10:32:28 AM »
You are going to have to open it up and visually follow the wires and see what the full circuit is. If yours is like my flashes and has zones there will be a Relay probably SSR for each zone. If the middle zones is compromised then that zone of lamps wont work. Just get in there and look for broken wires or anything that is not right.
"No man is an island"

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 11:27:50 AM »
Inkman is right about having to open it up and take a look.... don't forget to unplug the unit before you go probing around in there because electricity is something you can not see. If you are not comfortable using a meter I would suggest finding someone that can so you don't fry the circuits that are good..... have fun and be carefull.

Offline BrazosDesigns

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 07:25:52 PM »
You need to open it up and check the wires going into the SSR relays.  Loosen the screws, remove the wires, perhaps a little shining up of the wires, and then back together. I also loosened and checked the wires going from the SSR to the control board.  This worked for me on occasions.  If not, you have a bad SSR or a bad board.   I also swapped the wires for bank 2 and 3 to make sure....might try that as well.

"make sure 'dem connections er tight!".....

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 08:09:04 PM »
Switch the relays. I bet its the middle one broken.,
I spend too much money on equipment...