Author Topic: Rick Roth Printed Millions of Custom T-shirts. You Want to Hear What He Has to S  (Read 453 times)

Offline printavo

Rick Roth is one of screen printing's stalwart truth-tellers. A veteran of the trade, Rick is a trusted advocate for the entire custom apparel printing industry.

He writes extensively and hosts discussions on The Ink Kitchen – hands-down one of the most detailed and informative blogs about custom printing on the web. He's also central to Mind's Eye Graphics, a high-volume production shop focused on turning out the best possible prints and offering valuable educational resources for screen printers interested in perfecting their craft.

So what's on Rick's mind? He wants shop owners to focus on their goals, curing their inks correctly, and nurturing the right customers for their business.

What's your #1 piece of advice to new and growing screen printing businesses?

"Printing is a system. All the pieces need to fit together. No one miracle ink or press is going to help you. Everything has to fit together. Focus on the entire process, not just one part of it."

Rick has two pieces of brutally honest advice:

• No magic tool is going to help you. Focus on your process as a whole instead of chasing after a magical piece of technology that "completes" everything.
  • If you have a real goal, your decisions are much simpler. Rick always wanted to be the best. But he knew another printer that wanted to be the biggest. The point is to have some goal in mind – because then your decision making is focused and consistent over the long term.

Read more: https://www.printavo.com/blog/rick-roth-ink-kitchen-interview
https://www.printavo.com - Printavo, simple shop management software.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Rick is awesome. Great dude all around.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
And I'm pretty sure it is Mirror Image unless they have combined forces?

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
Hey guys,

While I must admit the combination of Rick Roth and Greg Kitson could be a very interesting enterprise that has not yet come to pass.

Rick Roth is indeed the Heart, Soul and moral compass of Mirror Image in Rhode Island.

Greg Kitson and Minds Eye Graphics is located in the Norman Rockwellish small community of Decatur IN.

Great way to bring a smile to everyone's face this morning.

OH and if Rick wanted to move to Indiana I am sure we could reach some kind of mutually agreeable arrangement. ;D
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline lukeums

Hey guys,

While I must admit the combination of Rick Roth and Greg Kitson could be a very interesting enterprise that has not yet come to pass.

Rick Roth is indeed the Heart, Soul and moral compass of Mirror Image in Rhode Island.

Greg Kitson and Minds Eye Graphics is located in the Norman Rockwellish small community of Decatur IN.

Great way to bring a smile to everyone's face this morning.

OH and if Rick wanted to move to Indiana I am sure we could reach some kind of mutually agreeable arrangement. ;D
Hey, this is Luke from Printavo – whoops! I fat-fingered (fat-brained?) this one – I was preparing the interview that you did with us at the same time and some wires must have been crossed. Apologies about that, and thanks for pointing it out!

If this collaboration ever did come to pass, I imagine some pretty amazing things would happen. I would only claim a little bit of the credit.

On a side note – what a treat (and education) to watch all of these interviews.