Author Topic: Where did ya go?  (Read 1201 times)

Offline farmboygraphics

Where did ya go?
« on: March 25, 2019, 12:47:04 PM »
Do you ever contact old customers that have wandered off to another shop just as a fact finding mission?
Tees and Coffee

Offline Doug B

• !!!
Re: Where did ya go?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 12:51:37 PM »
  I wish our salespeople would. Too many times they get a new customer and then just sit
by the phone hoping for a re-order or more work instead of going out into the field.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 01:09:52 PM »
No
Customers leave for a variety of reasons most of which is price or convenience.
You all know a gusty will dump you for a nickel price difference on a nothing amount of tees.
The only way to secure a customer is to provide to them something that can't get some where else easily.
You can't do that with price. You can't do it with quality or customer service because all of that is covered by a customer's perception of the value you offer.
It is not something you can get them to define.....it is a feeling that can change in a moments notice.
Last but not least customers are fickle and there is no way to commercially addressed that.
Mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 01:55:16 PM »
we don't have a lot of customers and know, for the most  part why they left. It's usually we screwed up one too many times or are just too expensive. . .
pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 05:34:56 PM »
Yes reaching out is good, let's them know you appreciated there business, but on the hand customers price shop and sometimes just don't do enough biz through out the year and just forget who they did there last job with.  We try to be as nice and accommodating as we can be, other than that it's a crap shoot in a saturated market.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 11:30:04 AM »
On some occasions, I've contacted long-standing repeat customers when they've stopped ordering. Thus far, it hasn't been because they've simply gone to another shop, but because they've experienced a different change. Usually they've had a reason to stop needing shirts, like an annual event has been cancelled, or new management wants to spend the money somewhere else. But customers that we haven't had a long relationship with, no, I haven't taken the time to track them down. I figure people are free to do what they want, and you're not going to keep them all.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 11:54:00 AM »
no, because I focus on what I have, not what I don't.....

they want to try someone else because they're cheaper, GREAT, see you on the next order....with this industry, everyone knows somebody that does it. My nephews friends sister paints shirts in her basement, she'll hook us for for 3.00ea....ok, then why are we talking?!

Keep your eyes on your own paper and keep moving forward...eff'm
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 12:38:20 PM »

they want to try someone else because they're cheaper, GREAT, see you on the next order....with this industry, everyone knows somebody that does it. My nephews friends sister paints shirts in her basement, she'll hook us for for 3.00ea....ok, then why are we talking?!

Boy you have a way with words LOL ;D ;D, but your right
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 04:48:06 PM »

yeah that's why I don't have many friends  ;D :P

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 06:57:04 AM »

yeah that's why I don't have many friends  ;D :P

Same thing I always say! I worry about the people that come through the door. I was just curious though, as it does cross my mind when I see shirts we've made in the past being done else where.
Tees and Coffee

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2019, 04:00:24 PM »
Homer, hopefully you have a lot of work but I disagree with what you said.
Getting new customers is not easy and is expensive.
You have to do everything you can to keep them.
Ideally customers should be contacted after they receive an order to find out is everything is OK.
If it isn't your should know why and make sure they know you'll correct it.
We don't do this most of the time but we do make an effort to keep existing customers.
I haven't seen "eff them" in any sales manual.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2019, 04:11:18 PM »

I haven't seen "eff them" in any sales manual.

;D it's in bold letters in mine!...I've got work coming out my azz...must be doing something right  ;)
..I used to be the nice guy, follow ups, what can we do better type stuff, hand holding the whole way....I think that's how my favorite phrase ended up in bold letters  ;D

Online Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2019, 07:43:15 PM »
I agree with Homer. The good ones stick around if they know what value you bring to the table. I live in a densely populated area and have multiple ads running on different platforms that bring in a fair share of leads regularly. Sure, I sift through a lot of duds, but there are plenty of diamonds in the rough as well.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2019, 07:50:31 PM »
We follow up and spend a great deal of time to make sure each job is done to the best of our ability.  I do my best to try to keep as many customers as I can but if I feel that a customer is heading to another shop over a few cents, I'll let them go in a heartbeat. 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2019, 08:24:29 AM »
Sent some really nice fruit baskets out to about 20 of our top customers a few years ago as a thank you, nothing more. I had one that acknowledged the gesture. I won't do it again. I'm finding it harder to deal with a good chunk of people any more. Maybe it's just me.
Tees and Coffee