screen printing > General Screen Printing

Printing on Ladies Leggings Sport Tek LPST880

(1/2) > >>

avogel:
We had a customer send us some Ladies Sport Tek LPST880 leggings. They are Polyester and Spandex. What is the best ink and method to print on these? They are black with 165 orange print about 17" long down the leg. They don't want a thick plastisol feel to the print. I have tried a few different things in the past on these and vowed to never do them again, yet here I am.
Is there a way to waterbase these that will be soft but have a bright orange print? Stretchability?

im_mcguire:
We have had these come back to us, and we always refuse to do them. We get lulu lemon pants delivered by clients, and we say absolutely not.

The only way we would do it is to do a vinyl transfer with fashion film through Stahls. If they don’t want to pay for that, I tell them not so kindly, to find someone local that then can do it for them.

kirkwad:
One Stroke ELT-S ink works for stretch material. Won't be a total waterbased feel, but will work. The other option is silicone ink, but that's a pain especially for small orders.

I'd go w/ what mcguire said & just do a light vinyl rated for stretch.

Provided Lulu Lemon garments =  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Just asking to lose money printing on those with replacement cost if you mess up, which we have.

Sbrem:

--- Quote from: kirkwad on April 03, 2019, 12:40:05 PM ---One Stroke ELT-S ink works for stretch material. Won't be a total waterbased feel, but will work. The other option is silicone ink, but that's a pain especially for small orders.

I'd go w/ what mcguire said & just do a light vinyl rated for stretch.

Provided Lulu Lemon garments =  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Just asking to lose money printing on those with replacement cost if you mess up, which we have.

--- End quote ---

We get some locals that bring in Lululemon, and if they sign a waiver, we'll print them, IF we think they'll be trouble free. $65 for a 3.5 oz. ladies t? Jeez...

Steve

Atownsend:
I’d run Dow Corning’s silicone ink. No plastisol feel and it cures super low. No migration.  If they want quality and will pay for it that’s the way to go IMO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version