Author Topic: Anyone selling a Blackline Filter One?  (Read 4191 times)

Offline gotshirtz001

Anyone selling a Blackline Filter One?
« on: April 03, 2019, 01:09:05 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm flexible until I'm not

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Anyone selling a Blackline Filter One?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 07:27:05 AM »
how about this?
https://www.screenprinting.com/products/sgreen-washout-booth-filtration-system

should be similar to the price of the used blackline unit. . .

these do not work well on their own. You will need a settling tank setup before it.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 11:38:25 PM »
Pierre - please clarify - the filter catches the bulk and takes out the worst right?

"these do not work well on their own. You will need a settling tank setup before it."
pierre

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 11:40:56 PM »
I have a Blackline but wish I had an SGreen. Unfortunately it didn’t exist when I bought my Blackline.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline gotshirtz001

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 07:39:50 AM »
how about this?
https://www.screenprinting.com/products/sgreen-washout-booth-filtration-system

should be similar to the price of the used blackline unit. . .

these do not work well on their own. You will need a settling tank setup before it.

pierre
Thanks for that

« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 09:00:53 AM by gotshirtz001 »

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 08:49:21 AM »
Pierre - please clarify - the filter catches the bulk and takes out the worst right?

"these do not work well on their own. You will need a settling tank setup before it."
pierre
the filters (screens) get clogged up very quickly. You end up cleaning them all the time.
here's what we did
https://youtu.be/SJ-p2M_1MJo?t=81

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 03:06:02 PM »
We have the filters removed on ours, just screening solids, settling, pump to sewer.   So, like Pierre said, this won't work on it's own if you need your waste effluent running clear or nearly clear. 

Not a knock on the unit by any means, I think it's a good value.  What I mean specifically is I don't think you can manage all of a reclaim booth's waste flow down to clear water with any device if you only have the space to work with directly under the sink. 

Offline gotshirtz001

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 08:50:08 PM »
Following up: I’m going to make my own. I’ll post details

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 08:39:51 AM »

I did that last year for our new holland auto reclaimer. its now been in use for 9 months and works better than expected. I use a different type of filter and settling tanks so you only have to clean the box every few months vs week with the poly spun filter approach.

I’ve been tooling up to make more and are thisss close to that point, what size box are you looking for and do you want the same filtration style with the external filters.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 08:43:20 AM by jsheridan »
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline gotshirtz001

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 11:31:38 AM »

I did that last year for our new holland auto reclaimer. its now been in use for 9 months and works better than expected. I use a different type of filter and settling tanks so you only have to clean the box every few months vs week with the poly spun filter approach.

I’ve been tooling up to make more and are thisss close to that point, what size box are you looking for and do you want the same filtration style with the external filters.

Between the water trough ($44), external canister filter ($26), sump pump ($83) and koi pond filters ($14 for 4), I figure I can get something to work. The trough is 40 x 23 x 13.

I do not have significant reclaiming demands as I do this super part time.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 11:33:54 AM by gotshirtz001 »

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 12:23:31 PM »

Between the water trough ($44), external canister filter ($26), sump pump ($83) and koi pond filters ($14 for 4), I figure I can get something to work. The trough is 40 x 23 x 13.

I do not have significant reclaiming demands as I do this super part time.

make sure you get a sump pump that is resistant to chemicals. Reclaim stuff we use will eat through many plastics. polypropylene will work
pierre

Offline gotshirtz001

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2019, 02:16:18 PM »
Gotcha. Thanks