Author Topic: another 3-D puff question  (Read 1065 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
another 3-D puff question
« on: April 05, 2019, 02:23:10 PM »
Got a customer that send us art work for embroidery (on caps) but they want the outline to be raise or puff any of you did this, we've always did puff in the larger area and never the outline.  Not really wanting to try and run puff on an outline, maybe double the thread?

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Re: another 3-D puff question
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 05:49:12 AM »
My brother did a job like this recently. Client loved them but he hated them haha. I can't speak to the specifics as it's not my area of expertise, but I can send you his email if you want to ask him about it.

Offline presspressmerch

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 08:46:18 AM »
Got a customer that send us art work for embroidery (on caps) but they want the outline to be raise or puff any of you did this, we've always did puff in the larger area and never the outline.  Not really wanting to try and run puff on an outline, maybe double the thread?

darryl
Shouldn’t be too bad as long as the column width is not TOO thin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 12:45:48 AM »
Nation that's what I,m thinking to, but you try and do what the client ask, @ pressmerch I'm going to send this out to the real experts LOL, I can't remember ever seeing the outline in puff on any caps but hey what do I know.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline aauusa

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 03:02:19 PM »
Here is a hat we just did which has the outline puffed and inside a fill.   we do it a lot on sport teams.   it also lookd great when they want a usa flag or another flag to be dropped inside a letter but still want it puffed.