Author Topic: Low-Cure Mixing Systems  (Read 1106 times)

Offline kirkwad

• Verified/Junior
Low-Cure Mixing Systems
« on: April 12, 2019, 12:06:34 PM »
We're going to be moving our shop to all low-cure inks, so we're looking at replacing our current pantone ink mixing system.

I've looked at a few different low-cure mixing systems & was just seeing if anybody had any input/opinions.

We use One Stroke ELT-S inks for a large customer, but not from an in-house mixing system.

Thanks

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Re: Low-Cure Mixing Systems
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 12:18:10 PM »
I understand that the rio system is all low cure but I’m not 100% sure.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 03:14:38 PM »
We run ELTS white for our base/etc, and rio for top colors.  Works well for us.  we run mostly triblends (like 10's of thousands a month) and no issues with scorching, bleeding, or cure issues.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 06:26:18 PM »
There are LCA (low cure additives) that can speed things up without issues. Usually the formulas just need the additive. And of course dryer temps and most importantly, retension times need to be adjusted as necessary.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 10:01:48 PM »
Rio will cure as low as 250*  Shhh  8)

There will be more low cure ink RFU's and mixing systems on the market soon as well.  Stay tuned.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.