Author Topic: Discharge Color Print Order  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Cole

Discharge Color Print Order
« on: April 12, 2019, 05:17:45 PM »
Hey,

I'm having trouble with my colors shifting. It seems like if I print any color after a red or yellow (or something that has red and yellow in it) the color shifts. It's like it's getting driven too far into the garment or something. I never really had trouble with this til recently. Any tips on print order? I normally do white last to prevent pick up on other screens, but for this two color job I had to print white first, flash it, then print the second color. See photos attached. The duller one is with orange printed first. The brighter one is with orange printed last. See the difference? It's HUGE and ANNOYING. Please help! SOS

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Discharge Color Print Order
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 06:15:07 PM »
Hard to say without boots on the ground but be sure to not use a pure white UB. That said, it depends on the substrate.

Offline Cole

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 07:00:46 PM »
Hard to say without boots on the ground but be sure to not use a pure white UB. That said, it depends on the substrate.

There's actually hardly any white under the orange. I just used straight orange discharge with no underbase. Besides where the two blend, nothing overlaps.

Do you think I'm using too much pressure on the second color and it's mashing my orange into oblivion? I figured that with discharge, it wouldn't matter if subsequent screens are pushing colors in, but maybe I'm wrong?

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 10:00:08 PM »
wash them and then observe the color difference.

Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.