Author Topic: What is your go to tool for converting non Pantone colors into Pantone colors  (Read 1130 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Going by eye is a good measure. IMO many ink companies offer their PMS formulas as starters. Adjustments are sometimes necessary, giving the proper guidance. Opacity, translucently and transparentness come in to play. So for some, different formulas for the same colors might be necessary. Many use off the shelf colors. It depends.

Offline Audifox

Then there is the embroidery thread side of things.....

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
And that is a pretty much vendor specific issue.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
pantone color bridge for cmyk!

pierre
Can you explain where and how in Bridge that you do this?  All I've known that handy for is color syncing.
I try to find the same CMYK values in the book or something as close as possible. Does not work that great every time, but it's another tool besides adobe picker.
pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
I pretty much eyeball my colors, my thinking is if it looks very close to me someone else eyes will see the same thing, unless like someone already mention the customer gives us a pms number.  I gotten real good at it or getting very lucky LOL
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!