Author Topic: 3" Core Film ?  (Read 2887 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
3" Core Film ?
« on: April 22, 2019, 07:02:30 PM »
We've been using Epson's official film on our T3270 but it's out of stock and hard to find.  (thanks Epson)

Anyone have a 3" core film they like?  Availability is the key for us. 

Offline endhymns

• Verified/Junior
Re: 3" Core Film ?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 08:25:30 PM »
I feel like I’ve seemingly been through them all within the last year looking for the same thing. After using Chromaline films for years, I had a good stretch with Freehand’s Dark Star film until they discontinued the 24” roll. This led me back to both Accujet and Accublack which are both offered in a 3” core and finally to Rite Film which I’ve been using for 6 months or so. No real complaints here. The price is right, quality has been consistent and it’s readily available. At the moment I wouldn’t look for an alternative unless my hand were  forced.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 09:56:52 PM »
Can you get an adapter? Ithink thats what we use. ‘Were like $20 on ebay and then you can use anything.
Piere
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 11:58:20 PM »
Chris:  Cant you change between a 2" and 3" tube on the t3270?  There should be a little switch on the clamps.  I can take a picture tomorrow if you need.  Maybe we have an adjuster already on it, I dunno.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 03:07:35 PM »
3" core for the consistency in length of output.  T series fits both sizes. 

Yeah Accu-whatever from Chromalline fits the bill but is 200+ bucks from nazdar (?)

Ordered a roll from Ryonet that's 3" core, 17" wide.  Is this the "Rite Film"?  I can never tell with the Ryonet product since it's all rebranded in different ways. 

17" gets the most mileage here.  We go through enough of it that I'd honestly prefer to order a small pallet of the epson product and be done with it for a year.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 07:46:00 PM »
Ha dad IMS film is what we use and it seems to be 3”
Pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 08:39:56 PM »
Chris:  Its Rite Film
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 06:45:21 AM »
We buy 3" core from nazdar.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 03:00:00 PM »
Is that the Chromaline AccuJet Water-resistant Inkjet Film from naz that's 3" core?

The only product listed as 3" is silly expensive so I assume it's one of the others.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 03:07:17 PM »
Is that the Chromaline AccuJet Water-resistant Inkjet Film from naz that's 3" core?

The only product listed as 3" is silly expensive so I assume it's one of the others.

this is the stuff we've used for years. It gains a little more than Chromaline, but if you calibrate the output it works great (without calibrating just take 2% off.
https://sourceone.nazdar.com/p/2998

pierre

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2019, 07:30:00 AM »

this is the stuff we've used for years. It gains a little more than Chromaline, but if you calibrate the output it works great (without calibrating just take 2% off.
https://sourceone.nazdar.com/p/2998

pierre

^ This

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2019, 04:59:15 PM »
Thank you both!

Offline Prōdigium

• Something New Is Coming.....Prōdigium
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2019, 01:13:15 AM »
We've been using Epson's official film on our T3270 but it's out of stock and hard to find.  (thanks Epson)

Anyone have a 3" core film they like?  Availability is the key for us.

I know this is an older post, but I have the ability to convert from my master roll to a 3" core as I use it for my sign vinyl conversion. If you want a sample roll on a 3" core just send an email request with a shipping address. If the film is satisfactory I will do a 10 roll conversion for you @ $45.00 per 17"x100' roll plus shipping.

Note: Not wanting to reply with a blatant ad, but the poster did make a direct request for this apparently hard to find product.
Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2019, 06:38:46 PM »
Hey thx Prodigium for the offer.

To update, nothing we tried performed as well as the Epson product, they all had markedly worse length/registration issues.  The Epson OEM is hard to find (thx Epson....)but seems to keep being available on Amazon.