Author Topic: Proud of my team today!  (Read 531 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Proud of my team today!
« on: August 14, 2019, 07:49:37 PM »
Set a goal to break our previous 8 hour production record (9am to 5pm) and my team shattered it. Just wanted to talk em up since I know a couple of them lurk here. Went super smooth!

Offline TheInkJedi

• Verified/Junior
  • Ink Dept. for Coed Sportswear
Re: Proud of my team today!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 07:33:13 AM »
WOW! Nice run! They were really moving. The shop I work in runs a handful of auto-presses, so I know what it takes to get those numbers in 8 hours. Well done! Congrats!
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems." ~ Rene Descartes

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 09:09:49 AM »
Yea it was a group effort for sure! Had 2 guys playing support for a lot of the day, staging, doing ink, flipping out shirt carts, filtering on press to spell guys, etc. Definitely can't understate how important the folks not on press are to hitting those numbers.

I will say, I loaded for a lot of it, and I was waiting on the press too, so we could definitely have pushed it a bit higher on a faster machine. I think we were running at 62 or 63 dozen most of the day, but the press literally wouldnt run faster. Stroke lengths and flash times were bottomed out. I love the value of our sabre, but it definitely isn't a speed demon.

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 09:13:23 AM »
..and I thought I was an A-hole to work for....geezz...I'll hand over the crown  ;D

nothing doin like that here,  we stop to have a popsicle...or a beer if it's that kind of day...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 12:55:49 PM »
We usually hover around 2k a day.  Sometimes we don't even break 750 honestly.  Depends on so many things... 

I wouldn't have tried for 5k without group buy-in. We did shots after :D

Popsicle sound like a damn good idea.  Right now we just stock Gatorade and energy drinks.