Author Topic: Corel on Mac  (Read 2281 times)

Offline brandhouseink

• Verified/Junior
Corel on Mac
« on: May 05, 2019, 08:52:47 AM »
Is anyone using the new Corel on a Mac? Apparently the latest version of Corel is also compatible with Macs. We were using a virtual system to run Corel in a Windows environment prior to now. This could be a big deal for us MAC users.

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
Re: Corel on Mac
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 04:40:10 PM »
Following.

Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 04:48:48 PM »
They ported to the Mac about 15 or 20 years ago, but didn't keep up support. I bought it at the time, but already knowing Illustrator and Photoshop didn't stay with it. I never receive Corel Draw files, I'll bet it's been 3 years if not more like 5. But for Corel users who are maybe tired of Windows it's probably a good idea. Not trying to start a Windows/Mac thing, or an Adobe/Corel war. I don't understand though, why Corel dropped it's Mac support so quickly after porting it over the first time.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline brandhouseink

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 10:40:11 PM »
That’s correct.. A little closer to 20 years ago they were compatible with Mac. Hopefully this time they will put adequate resources behind it. Not a big fan or just couldn’t handle the learning curve with Illy and Photoshop, so Corel being compatible with Mac allow us to break away from Windows platform. Unfortunately SimpleSeps will not work with Corel/Mac and only the Windows Versions of Corel.  Some still doubt Corel will be able to penetrate the Mac market, and eventually drop support for it. 

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 04:30:47 PM »
CorelDRAW never worked well on any Mac I used it on back then. I use it for building templates for a client and run the Windows version on a Mac with VMWare Fusion. Runs very smooth in that environment.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs