Author Topic: Sep Question and QuikSeps  (Read 1753 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Sep Question and QuikSeps
« on: May 06, 2019, 12:22:25 PM »
Need some opinions and help, I'm using QuikSeps Pro and I'm working on a cymk sep and everything looks great on screen but the seps are not looking like the screen version the yellow anyway and this is not the first time I've had this problem and it's always the yellow sep, which always seps out lighter than whats on screen, pic below.  Do I need to do a different setting in Quikseps or what do I need to adjust? it's only the yellow plate that is the problem.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
Re: Sep Question and QuikSeps
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 06:03:49 PM »
Are you in QuikSeps RGB color profile before running the CMYK action?
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 06:21:27 PM »
Sweet Jesus, thats not right. But I don't know Quick Seps. sorry to say. Wish I could help. Sounds like you might have an embedded color profile that is overriding your output getting.

Could this have been in CMYK color mode when you opened the art file?  If so, All CMYK conversions will that persons computer color settings (typically default) embedded into the file. So converting to RGB won't help and opening it in Quickseps and running a CMYK conversion on it won't help either.  Sure, you can still print them, but it may not come out like you expect.

I donno if this is your prob or not.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline easyrider1340

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 10:19:19 AM »
I have Ultraseps if you’d like to send it to me to try.  I won’t be able to touch it until about 6pm though. 
Terry
easyrider1340 @ gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 11:13:20 AM »
Wayne run some seps on his Ultra Seps I have not had time to print yet, but thanks all, @King yes it's in RGB and Dan you might be onto something I need to speak with you more on this color profile stuff.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 01:42:29 PM »
When you install QuickSeps, you need to install the QuickSeps color profile, and a couple of other steps. Also, you can write to Steve Roginski and he answers fairly quickly. But check your installation procedure then you should be good. I've done quite a few with that (UltraSeps 3 now) and have always had good luck.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't